• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Funky Furniture?

pinkyinsane

TRIBE Member
Collectively Tribe is a rather knowledgeable and honest group, many of whom have good taste. So I was hoping you guys could help direct my sister to some funky furniture places in Toronto. This is her description of what she is looking for:

“I’m looking for a sofa, tables, bed, etc. Ideally somewhere with funky stuff that won’t cost a million bucks, more middle of the road. Maybe even a warehouse, or places to get stuff at wholesale price? Not Leons, the Brick or Ikea (they are the same everywhere).”

Thanks guys :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JESuX

TRIBE Member
there's lots of stuff on queen west too, jamers. as well as king/front east of yonge.

try MODA or urban barn - both near queen and bathurst. oh, and that place below the raq n' whack at queen/bathurst.

ps - the georgian gala list is killing me.

TribeLurkerGrrl

TRIBE Member
There's a store/warehouse on Dupont, I think west of Dufferin called Johnson & Co or something. Lots of nice stuff there for good prices...plus they'll make things up for you. Apparently its where interior designers go....

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
everything is overpriced.
just eat it or buy someone elses used crap.
furniture should be something you're not afraid to spend on.
unless you have stupid pets or kids.
then wait till the move or die. respectively.

vinder

TRIBE Member
there was a good thread about this a short while back, if you do a quick search you should find it. lots of good suggestions in there.

structube is prolly the cheapest, followed by eq3. king east/queen west are more expensive. if you have a car, the chesterfield shoppe is a good choice (i got my sectional there). they have lots of really nice stuff, and are cheap since it's warehouse. there's one in scarborough, and one at dufferin/finch.

atomic

TRIBE Member
EQ3 fifth'ed. I find their couches are priced comparably to ikea, but they look a lot nicer. the materials seem to be more durable too. we've got ours on order and I can't wait!

coleridge

TRIBE Member
EQ3 is good although their stuff has been looking a little dated the past few months but maybe that's because I walk by there every day almost. Check Norwalk as well, right behind EQ3.

I would suggest your sister take a walk down King between Jarvis and Parlament. All the designer furniture stores are in this stretch, about 20 stores or so. Most of the stuff is WAY expensive but there are some good deals to be found. When you get to Parlament turn and head south to the distillery district where there are more furniture stores.

Last edited:

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Studio B
Neinkamper
upcountry has some ok stuff sometimes.

king west, between parliament and sherbourne has several others too....

*disclaimer* I am far too poor to shop at these places, however, you had no problem with the 700 dollar chair place...so, check 'em out.

pinkyinsane

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
everything is overpriced.
just eat it or buy someone elses used crap.
furniture should be something you're not afraid to spend on.
unless you have stupid pets or kids.
then wait till the move or die. respectively.

• fluffy cat
  • daschund hound
  • baby on the way in less than a month

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Up Country Warehouse (King & Mill).. While your there check out the new restaurant Weezies (King & Power) and give us a review...