• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fun With Craig's List

acheron

TRIBE Member
the local one is toronto.craigslist.org

Things sell in minutes and hours there, not days. It's pretty freaky how quickly you get a response. Mind you, there's an RSS feed for new listings (which I use) that makes it very easy to see the stuff that's just rolling off the line.

Bought and sold all kinds of stuff through it.

Best of all, it's free.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by acheron
the local one is toronto.craigslist.org
they're the same thing.

click the toronto link on the craigslist main page and you get redirected to the one you specified.

why I wrote this? I have no fucking clue.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i scalped 2 tiesto tickets on there last time he was in town in a matter of minutes. I got about 10 emails in an hour, i just replied to the first guy. Half of them were from people in buffalo.

i needed the money for something much better later that month, namely combichrist \m/

it's a great thing when you wanna get rid of shit quick without the bullshit hassels of ebay and paypal.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
i've heard of two horror stories from two close friends who paid for goods and services in good faith from respectable-looking people on craiglist only to get stiffed. buyer beware.

d

kaniz

TRIBE Member
10 reasons for gay marriage to be illegal

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
I'm sure whoever posted that posts on Max Graham's message board. Because that damage belongs to a poster on that board.
That e-mail and photo has popped up in a few variations. I think you've been had.