1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fun in the Murky Vinyl Project

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by isoprax, Oct 18, 2013.

1. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

Hello All,

I'm a few days into a new project and would like to share it with those of you local to me. I'm in Hamilton as a lot of you know, but Toronto has been my home in the past and is where I end up when visiting friends or playing.

I've been running Fun in the Murky and Bleep Radio for over a decade now. It was high time to do something new.

So I'm raising funds to release a record!

The fundraising is via Kickstarter. It's all or nothing. If I make the goal, I get what has been pledged to do my thing. If I don't, I get nothing.

If you like the 3 tracks I've had some of my friends make/contribute I would certainly appreciate the help.

Various “Too Stupid To Quit! (Fortunately)” Fun in the Murky 01
    A1 – Paul Birken “Take Five Rework”
    B1 – Scott Robinson “You’re the Victim”
    B2 – TSR “Snoball I Fittan”

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/trevor-wilkes/sets/fitm01[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Project page:
    Fun in the Murky Presents... Music it likes on vinyl! by Trevor Wilkes — Kickstarter

Paul's track is a cover he did of my favourite jazz song. Scott's is a portion of the live-set he put together for my Bleep Radio show, and the TSR track is something Tomas gave me 4 long years ago that I've been sitting on awaiting a purpose for.

[YOUTUBE]9yrPnXLbppc[/YOUTUBE]

2. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

Friday morning I did a 1.5 hour live-stream. The whole stream is solely tracks from the three guys on the EP I'm fundraising for.

Quite fun ;)

[YOUTUBE]rSC8jbiAgag[/YOUTUBE]

Once I'm done writing out the tracklisting, it'll also be available in the dj mix area as a download, soundcloud stream etc.

3. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

Update: Project is nearing full funding. there's only a little bit left to go!

4. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

Project has surpassed funding goals. GTA has a new Techno label!

5. le bricoleur

le bricoleur TRIBE Member

Congrats!

p.s. I still religiously listen to the Bleep Radio Dance Mania Mix!

6. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

stack on stacks of FitM01 vinyl ;)

[​IMG]

7. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

The 5th one down in the bottom box on the right is mine.