1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

fukhouse

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by patri©k, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

so.. because it will take me just over two hours to even come close to the club... I'm not going. I do not have the funds to pay cover once the guestlist runs out at midnight.

fuck.

I really, really, really feel really disappointed. I've been pumped for this night since I first learned about it over a month ago.

I'm going to go and break some stuff.... swear a whole bunch... kick a few things..... and swear some more. Then... probably go outside and put my head through a bus shelter.

I hope you fucking bastard, cock-sucking rapists have/had fun.

:p

patrick

2. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

I went, it sucked...

does that make you feel better?

ok, I'm actually leaving right now

3. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

to top it all off... I was supposed to have someone stop by tonight...

but of course.. they flop.

now... Im fucking abused.

holy fuck.

4. dsp909

dsp909 TRIBE Member

awwwwwwww. I still love you patty...

At least your room isn't spinning around like mine is...

How long does it take for this nausea from too much sun suppose to go away???

now where's that puking smilie...

5. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

Tiga fucking rocks!

some sloppy mixes here and there, but the tunes were off the hook!
    anyone know the name of that one with the male vocal that goes "birth, school, work, death" ? wicked song!
    even my buddy that rarely goes out and never dances was busting out the moves hardcore!

almost didn't go... glad I did... stellar night out.

6. 2 The Beat

2 The Beat TRIBE Member

The fancy boy played some dope shit. My feet hurt from dancing like I did in grade 7.

7. Chubbs

Chubbs TRIBE Member

If I were a woman, I'd choose Tiga to father my children.

Fukhouse was relentless tonight. Arrived early to hear Zuzanna, the new Fukhouse resident, and she got me moving and shaking pretty early... By the end of her set, I was already starting to tire.. and the headliners wouldnt be starting for another 2 hours!

Eric's set wasnt my cup of tea, but I guess that was a blessing in disguise, as it let me rest myself the the aural assault that Tiga layed down on me.

The flambouyant one was dropping bombs left right and center, he had the crowd in the palm of his hands.... long buildups to INTENSE drops!

Some serious tracks were dropped in his set... His Hot in Herre remix and the Justing Timberlake dropped right after that got me really going... and lets not even go into his last few tracks!! Pure goodness :p

Tiga is hands down my favourite canadian DJ, hell he is prolly one of my fav DJ's anywhere, granted he isnt the most technically precise mixer, he just knows the tracks that will set the crowd off its rocker!

After the electro-beatdown, I was in Ill-shape so I couldnt stay for much of daniel bells set, although Im sure it was great :p

P.S. The hot pink suit was working wonders tonight :D

Peace

8. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Trust me ratpri©k (and I have a pretty decent idea what moves you techno-wise) you didn't miss much.

Tiga spun a good set for what it was, but it didn't do much for me. One "big" tune after another, with a few tasty bits here and there. People fucking loved it, though. Just not my cup of tea. Props for the Depeche Mode remixes and especially for the mix of the Stones "Miss You".

Daniel Bell came on to my delighted scream over the anticipatory silence "GIVE ME SOME FUCKING TECHNO!!!!" which he did off the bat, but then someow strayed into near Tiga-ville for a bit, started pulling it out again around 5 but by then my arm was kinda killing as well as my old bones, so it was time to scram.

I still had a bomb time; the sets were really good, just not what my body was craving.

BBB.

As always, the people were stellar. Good to see everyone! :)

9. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

Tiga was wicked.

really big sound.

awesome tracks.

sweet mixing.

i am happy.

i noticed that the crowd was pumped for Tiga's first 10 minutes, but got so blasted with the intensity of it all that they all started getting tranced out. people were dancing, but ....ahhhh i can't explain it.

thanks again Nesta & M _ _ - D _ _

10. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

I went to this half in the bagand pretty tired. I wasn't really looking to wind it up, so the tunes tonight were just about perfect.

The guy right before Tiga played some good tunes and got me moving.

I really enjoyed Tigas set. I was hoping for a bit more techno, but since I came expecting electro I wasn't surprised. He played some really great 80's tracks. These tunes were a great change from what I've been listening to lately. "She Sells Sanctuary" at the end was a bomb! That track was the highlight of the night for me. I've never heard that song played and it sounded like how it should've been made in the first place

It was great to meet some more Tribers...Balzz (Renault for Victory in Hungary!!) Nesta, BBB Marian and Loga, fun times as always (happy birthday Marian)

Cheers,

Paul

11. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

Had a wicked time. Tunes were great minus the trainwrecks

Had to be home early tho.
    Just getting ready to go set up for the Boston show.

12. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

I was even able to drag DOK out with me!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

i'm sorry. :(

wicked wicked night... more to come later.

i'm gonna go watch punch-drunk love again.

14. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

Had a kickass time. Nice to meet a few more Tribe members. :)

I wanted to stay till close but had to leave at 10 after 7 so I could catch the GP. WOOOO!!! Alonso LAPPED MS!!!!!!

15. discodancer_j

discodancer_j TRIBE Member

oh yeah

Man that night was rammed
    it felt great, so many people stepping on my toes, got a few elbows too, that was the front anyway...

Everybody was having such a great time, and the crowd was so diverse it was crazy, a lot of people with their own sense of style...

Zuzanna was very good, first time hearing her, little eerie but it picked up and got people warmed up.
    Eric was up and down for me, he had some really good moments with the crowd with some tracks, rockin'

managed to get downstairs and check out Lady Linzee too. As soon as she stepped up the crowd exploded, was good to see, even tho we didn't have to make it any hotter in there.

Was nice to see Roy Davis Jr hanging out downstairs too, i def had to thank him for the night b4 at mad bar...he was all excited about his new album coming out and stuff...at one point he was like , 'man they need an air conditioner around here or something' was hilarious cuz there was no escape from all the heat...

And Tiga, well my first time hearing him live, very good...his style is truly unique, fun shit, all i gotta say is jealous lover!!!!!
    where the hell did that track come from!! yeoow!

good times, lots of good people Bo to the techno
    hey, i was looking for u 2 patrick, thinking , he cant miss this

janICE:>
    big ups to 2 the beat brian for the chat...
    ps-a very sore discodancer
    'in a moment you'll be discodancing with the best of them' HA

16. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

looks like i can't get no sleep...

awesome night! met so many tribers... unfortunately i don't remember your names. oh, i met zoo, and mel roc (who is very beautiful btw). nice.

i caught the last 1/2 hour of zuzana grimm's set. she was throwing down some sweet deep minimal techno.

then came eric downer. i though he brought a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the decks, but his mixing was off, and the flow just wasn't there. what's with all the 'help me' remixes?

at about 2am or so, i see tiga and his adidas trucker hat step up. the first hour was ok, but the rest was cheesey electro pop shit. this whole punk rock electro sound does nothing for me.

dan bell stepped up and threw down some sick tracks. he blew a few mixes as well, but nothing serious. a nice variety of sounds!

i had a blast though because the crowd was pretty hype, and the treats were the best i've had in a while. ;)

happy sunday! :cool:

17. Tearer

Tearer TRIBE Member

Wicked awesome fun times x100 woooooooo

18. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

Woooo. One of those nights where you expect to be outta there by 1 but end up staying till 5. Tiga ripped shit up, as did Eric Downer.

Dunno why people are complaining about Downer -- how can you not like banging funky techno?

Tiga played tune after tune... I was expecting a fabulous ride through sparkly glamourville, but instead got a pleasant surprise with just the right balance of electroesque goodness.... don't remember the last time I shuffled my feet so much :)

Good fun.

19. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

hey.. dont' be sorry....

I knew from the first 4 seconds of our conversation that you were in 'regret' mode for making the suggestion of coming to pick me up. I could totally hear the hesitation in your voice. I think it was my talk of really good cess and hydro that sparked your interest... and then when your brothers friends showed up with... what did you say.... "a case of beer and a quarter of weed" ... the novelty wore super thin.

t'was all good. whatever.

glad you had a great night. Hope you have just as pleasant a day today.

patrick

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  20. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

i liked the 'you. are. not. a. palindrome.' flashing red sign in the main room to the left of the dj booth. i kept thinking that i AM a palindrome...if you anglicize my middle name and take the first three letters of my first and second name it works out to nat tan. which backwards = nat tan. whoa.

um, i wasn't really feelin' it last night. that doesn't mean it didn't have the potential to be a great night...but i was in a weird mood. my feet hurt, i was tired, i didn't feel like dancing, i didn't feel like being in a crowd, i didn't feel like spending money or drinking excessive amounts of beer, and really, what's left? i was so in recluse mode.

the highlight of my evening was running into people i hadn't seen in awhile (suke - congrats again, kumi, nice to see you out : ) chatting with familiar faces, and some obligatory head bobbin' in the vip room.

when i heard that tiga was going to be spinning electro i was disapointed. so i decided to leave early like the lame ass i am, not even saying goodbye to anyone but doing a disappearing act. i caught the last train and laughed at some drunk guys on the subway as they tried to chat me up. when i got home, i smoked weed, ate reeses pieces, drank rootbeer, read my 'graphic novel' (i.e. adult comic book,) and took a bath...which was what i was rEally in the mood for.

i am so cool. c-o-o-o-l. nice to see quite a few people out, nice to see a good turnout, nice to meet a few people, and nice to hear some techno, albeit briefly. : )

21. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

You're cool because you did what you wanted to do.

BBB.

..and the sassy haircut doesn't hurt.

22. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

Arrived last night @ about 10:30. Zuanna was spinning some nice tunes but it didn't really pick up. Downer was up next who continued to play mediocre tunes. He was so into his set but the tunes were just lacking UMPH!!....I started to get a little concerned about the tunes not being hard enough and was hoping TIGA would kick it up a notch, but alas I was showered with Gay, euro-electro garbage. I didn't like one tune he played. THose gay 80's lyrics made me sick! The crowd was even worse. People constantly pushing and giving attitude. The only safe places were along the bar......So to help heal the musical torture felt in the main room Kat and I went over to the VIP room where first Gerald then Ian Guthrie played amazing sets. WAAAAY better than the main room sleep tunes. If it wasn't for these guys, I was going out to my car to listen to some quality techno. Anyways....The night was saved the moment DAN BELL took control of the decks. His set made the whole 6 hours prior to it worth while. He rocked. Finally, something hard and nasty. He didn't let up either. Good job. When all is said and done it was a good night, just wish it could have been DAN BELL x10!!!.......

But the main reason this night was fun was the company. You guys always come out to make the night special. Catharine, Greg, Eric, Jay, Phil, BBB.................good times.

Later,
    L-T

23. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

I had a much better night that expected considering I was tired and slightly cranky.

I wasn't feeling the music and had actually started to enlist my very tolerant boy to take me home at about 1:58 when Tiga came on. I decided to give the night one last shot, dragged us on to the dance floor... and low and behold Tiga got me dancing more than I ever have at a Fukhouse. I guess electro works far better for me than techno. I'm a convert. Stayed until just after three - musically that last hour I was there made my night.

Ran into great people (Chubbs, the suit rocked)
    it was way crowded
    system door politics were pathetic as ususal
    everyone looked lovely
    Tiga was great, I would definately go to hear him again:)

24. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

Had a WICKED time. Just wish I'd been a little better rested.

Tiga rocked obviously. Does anybody know the track he played around 3:45am, with the dirty dirty bass line? That was sweet.

And the techno set before Tiga was Eric Downer right? Despite some off mixes, I was VERY pleased with the set. Had me dancing pretty hard.

Cheers.

25. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

the one that goes unsf unsf unsf brrwarr??? I love that track!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.