• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fuckin Craptors!

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Trade AD
Lenny Wilkins sucks
Vince Carter can't hang

tsk! tsk! tsk!

No matter what happens on Thursday nite, it has been a very successful season for the Raptors. With a core group of players who now know what it takes to win, all they have to do is fit young VC into the rotation and they have to be considered, in my opinion, the best team in the east.

But that's next year. Last nights game was king. I'm not a big Childs fan, but the man knows what he is doing in the playoffs. At no time during last nites game did it seem like the Raptors weren't in control. He is a calming influence that the team so desperately needs.

Finally we are starting to get some consistency from Mo and Keon. Keon was huge in the first half, and Mo hit some big, big shots near the end of the game. He's still looking tentative, but game 5 is at home for him. He doesn't want his boyz to see him play like a little biatch for the third straight time. However, he is the one guarding Stackhouse. And we have'nt seen hide nor hair of him since game two.

AD & Alvin...:eek: <---Grunwald is a genius

Raptors played great zone D. I hadn't noticed that until last nite for some reason. Interesting.

Bench was massive. Respect to Dell for putting in some really solid minutes when he got out there. Everyone was contributing.

Game 5, thursday nite :)

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
I swear I saw this....with about two minutes left, the pistons had the ball and were looking to inbound. Barry was on the sideline, right in front of the Raptor bench, and was looking to make his move to the ball as it was swung round. Just as he started, Vince grabbed his jersey lightly and held him back. Nothing major, but it still gave Curry long enough to come around on D. Nice play Vince!!!

Anyone see the kid who ran onto the court? You don't do that in a possible elimination game when its still close. I hope security gave him a good whooping in the changing room.

Tyler

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by redeyes
Barry is a big suck. i'm surprised he didn't break down in tears lastnight.

peace

it was funny when he got a T for trying to tie his shoelace :D

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by fleaflo
I'm not a big Childs fan, but the man knows what he is doing in the playoffs. At no time during last nites game did it seem like the Raptors weren't in control. He is a calming influence that the team so desperately needs.
I agree - Childs played an integral part of our post-season. (although i did see a couple of stupid turnovers on his part, but hey - everyone's entitled to mistakes.)

The first quarter wreaked havoc on my nerves - but the raptors dominated the boards!! Second quarter was tough for the pistons as they tried to gain what little control they thought they had at the start of the game.

I further reiterate that when MoPete decides to show up to the game and be his aggressive self (reminiscent of the days of michigan) - the energy of the team doubles.

Keon Clark managed to change the tempo of the game by TAKING IT TO THE GODDAMN HOLE!! Let the Pistons have their 3 pointers by atkins and barry - but we have got to take it to the hole and get fouled.

Reasons why I think the raps can win game 5:

1. It's do or die time on thursday - raps have been playing their last few games with this concept in mind. They have proven that they can come back from a losing streak and make it to post season. Confidence is high for them right now.

2. Detroit has got to be feeling the pressure - leaving detroit with a 2-0 lead in the series, only to come back a week later with the series tied. Add the fact that this team have no previous playoff experience, compared to the raps who won game 5 in new york in front of the madison square gardens crowd.

3. Mopete will continue to guard Stackhouse - who's been shut down the last two games.

But as Fleaflo stated, win or lose - this season fucking rocked. and I am fucking DAMNED proud of the youngest team in the east.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
GOOOOO Raps :D:D:D!!!

game 4 was wicked!!!
But a bit stressful... such an intense game!

DAVE I'M SO JEALOUS YOU GOT TO GO!!!!!
lucky boy :)!!

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
That was a fuckin wikked game. I barely used my seat the whole nite.

Dave, you gotta give Keon (aka Dr. Nasty) more love then that. I just read that his 16 boards is a franchise, playoff high!

He just needed to calm down and play his game.

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
That was a fuckin wikked game. I barely used my seat the whole nite.

Dave, you gotta give Keon (aka Dr. Nasty) more love then that. I just read that his 16 boards is a franchise, playoff high!

God damned troll, stay off my computer.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
The only thing that frustrated me, was some corporate asshole in the seats behind us started complaining that he couldn't see because everyone was standing.

He passed one comment that it would be a good idea to wait till the play was done...I told him to stop being a schmuck and that if he wanted an unobstructed view he should have ponied up the extra $275 a ticket to get courtsides. then I got my drink on at halftime ready to come back and raise hell, but the loser had left. halftime of a playoff game! wtf!

redeyes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon

3. Mopete will continue to guard Stackhouse - who's been shut down the last two games.

he's been playing very smart on the offensive end as well over the last couple of games. he's not settling for 3's all the time.
also, childs has been a major contributor as well. veteran leadership is what he does best and he has been contributing in all areas.

peace

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
If the Pistons don't win this series ... I'm going to go down to Detriot and personally kick everyone on the teams ass!

stu

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon

But as Fleaflo stated, win or lose - this season fucking rocked. and I am fucking DAMNED proud of the youngest team in the east.
Ummm Indiana is the youngest team in the East second only to the Clippers in the West. Toronto actually has an older roster.

But you're right the Raps are making me proud. I hate to say it but you're right. Still doesn't mean we don't have room for improvement, we have tons to improve upon. I won't be satisfied until we're wooping teams in the West.

*c*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
I will just bite my tongue about 'butterfingers' Clark. He definitely stepped up and played a much better game. Takin it to the hole like LD put it, but the consistency just isn't there and it drives me absolutely crazy.

Being at the game is almost as fun as chillin with your cru in front of the tv watching the game. Some weird ass people show up to the games at playoff time. Some pretty obnoxious retards too. I'm not quite sure why really ignorant people feel the need to spread their filth at games when they have a couple of drinks in them. Boooooooooooo to them, they must be hockey fans! :eek: <----just kidding Suke!

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
Lenny

I was a huge advocate for a change at the coaching position during that awful losing streak but Lenny's maximizing his talent and is making extremely smart substitutions [pulling Williams when he was cold, JYD to guard CW at the end of the game when AD had 5 fouls and of course changing the starting lineup to include Childs]. I take it back lenny!

I was right about one thing before last night's game: Keon Clark would have to step up if the Raptors would win: attention would be focused on stopping AD, and this would free up some space for Keon to do his thing.

Keys for the Raptors on Thursday Night:
1) REBOUNDING-continue the intensity on the boards. The Raptors are a much better rebounding team than the Pistons and they must maintain that dominance. Ben Wallace has been very quiet the last two games.

2) EASY ON THE TURNOVERS!!!!- The Raptors must maintain a balance between intensity and recklessness. They have to take care of the ball.

3) GET THE BALL INSIDE AND CONTROL THE TEMPO- AD and Olajuwon need to be continually fed inside and they need to start getting to the line more frequently.

If the Raptors win either Alvin, Childs or Mo Pete will need to step up large on Thursday in the 4th quarter. It will likely be a nailbiter and one of those three will need to hit some clutch shots. I'm banking on Mo Pete to bring it

If the Pistons win, I feel it will be because of the X factors Cliff Robinson, who has been too quiet all series and an unlikely candidate like Rebraca will have a solid game

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
I also agree.

As much Lenny Bashing as I did all year - he has shown up when it counts....amazing move to bring Childs into the starting unit. The zone play was also dope (why wait all year for this???)...

But his best move came in the final minute....pulling AD out and putting JYD on Corliss - was so huge. I takes balls to yank your leader off the court - but JYD is a better fit to guard Corliss - even if he dominated all game up to that point....then the dog gets that huge offensive board as well.

Lenny has now outcoached Carlisle in 3 of the 4 games to date.....I hope he can make it 5.

Go Raps