• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fuck It - Air Conditioning is Going On BLAST

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Is it more Goretastic to put the AC on blast or to clearcut an entire forest while simultaneously eating every animal that dares to defy me?

I'm going to do one of the two today and I just wanted Tribe's opinion.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

technowelt

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
what a crock. I live in an apartment building and i get a great breeze.

how about stop making excuses

Well, I live in an apartment building and I have no breeze. My building is shaped like a U, and my apartment is on an inside corner of the U.

However, I haven't turned on my A/C yet because I am cheap.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
fans.jpg

I know someone who has this and it works wonders...on the lowest speed its like a fricken wind tunnel....

out with a/c! in with fans!

SJN

TRIBE Member
The Kid said:
I can feel the hippy blood boiling ... it's getting hot up in this piece.
I'm as far from a hippy as it gets....and I still think it's ridiculous to be using your A/C in the 2nd week of May.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swenard

TRIBE Member
I wanted to turn on my AC last night because it was so muggy but I couldn't justify turning on my AC in the beginning of May!

Although, if it stays at this temp for long, I will have to turn it on to cool my fishtank.

123fakest

TRIBE Member
Question: What’s Gore better?
Driving with the windows down = higher wind resistance and lower fuel economy
vs.
Driving with the windows up and the AC on = lower fuel economy.

And screw all you who say not driving at all. It's already been established as the superior form of transportation.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
123fakest said:
vs.

And screw all you who say not driving at all. It's already been established as the superior form of transportation.

There was an episode of Mythbuster where they experimented with this exact topic. I can't remember the result though, I think it was windows up a/c on.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Learning the art of airflow & proper fan placement & curtain timing is an art.

However.

Being surrounded by concrete in an east facing building it still gets damn hot!!

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
SneakyPete said:
There was an episode of Mythbuster where they experimented with this exact topic. I can't remember the result though, I think it was windows up a/c on.

I also recall it being more fuel-efficient to drive with the windows up and A/C on.

And all you people busting out the air conditioner when it's only 25 degrees are pussies.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
And another thing! I tried, real hard to watch An Inconvenient Truth not too long ago and had to turn it off after 15 minutes. Al Gore is so fucking boring and self-centered, Christ! It made me want to renounce the whole global warming thing just to spite him.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Subsonic Chronic said:
And another thing! I tried, real hard to watch An Inconvenient Truth not too long ago and had to turn it off after 15 minutes. Al Gore is so fucking boring and self-centered, Christ!
You've got to watch it to the end...Holy shit, the gunfight with Chow Yun Fat is incredible.

(I taped over my copy with Hard Boiled)

Chaos

TRIBE Member
123fakest said:
vs.

According to some nerd on CNN, leaving the windows down reduces your vehicles MPG by 1.

n.b. more than running the A/C.

c.

swenard

TRIBE Member
On the mythbusters episode, they determined that it still used more gas with the AC on , as opposed to the windows down.

They used Ford explorers for the episode, I beleive.

123fakest

TRIBE Member
123fakest said:
vs.

Who knew this was such a debate.
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20050804a1.asp

Basically <40mph Windows, >40mph AC

Now that's interesting!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
if mine was turned on centrally yet, it would be on. sadly, nothing till after 2-4 I think. my place gets sun all day, so I have to keep the curtains drawn, which takes the breeze away. blah.
that said, I fucking hate winter. bring it.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I'm normally dismissive of any 'need' for air conditioning, but damn sitting in an AC'd class right now after writing for the last 12 hours in sweltering heat feels like I died and hooked up with 72 virgins.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
air conditioning helps productivity. i know that if i had to work in this i'd be less productive w/o the great a/c god on the roof.