• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fuck! Dubya is so mindless:

alma

TRIBE Member
Howdy, it's my first post in this room. So sorry for swearing in my Subject. Anyways ... I thought I'd stopped caring about how small Dubya's brain is and then I read this:

Bush Flies to California to Raise Money

Friday October 21, 2005 2:46 AM GMT

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush took Air Force One across the country Thursday to see a retired version of the presidential plane.

Bush planned to make remarks Friday at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Air Force One Pavilion at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif.

The opening of the pavilion is the realization of Reagan's plan that everyday Americans should be able to share Air Force One. Once the exhibit opens to the public Monday, visitors will be able to walk through the aircraft that Reagan used.

Bush and first lady Laura Bush will pay their respects to Reagan, who died last year, by placing a wreath at his memorial. They also plan to tour the library and eat lunch there before flying back east for a weekend at Camp David.

Maybe it's just me, but don't he and Laura come across like Muppets? It takes poise, but does it take a brain to walk through a library and eat lunch? And shouldn't Nancy Reagan be cutting that particular ribbon (hehe)? Thanks for reading.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

~atp~

TRIBE Member
The comma in your handle is confusing the fuck out of me.

But yah, Bush is just catering to his crew, which, sadly, is the loudest bunch in the room.

Since making noise is what they do best.

Bombs are loud.

QED.

Last edited:

alma

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
The comma in your handle is confusing the fuck out of me.

But yah, Bush is just catering to his crew, which, sadly, is the loudest bunch in the room.

Since making noise is what they do best.

Bombs are loud.

QED.

Hehe, that comma has also thrown another Triber this week. I know it's daft. It's just that it's too late to change it, right? Shoulda gone with those tildes, like in your handle. Cheers. ~

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Excuse my ignorance, but what is wrong here? He went to give his blessings and probably hold some $4000 a plate dinners at the memorial of a past president...big deal?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
Excuse my ignorance, but what is wrong here? He went to give his blessings and probably hold some $4000 a plate dinners at the memorial of a past president...big deal?

Nothing is "wrong" with it. It's just typical.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Excuse my ignorance, but what is wrong here?
Nancy Regan lobbied extremely hard for them to pass laws that would allow for extensive stem cell research. Bush on the other hand favors severly restricted research guidelines. He's there to 'pay his respects' but she might feel a bit differently about his presence.

deafplayer

TRIBE Member
everything Bush does is kind of funny... hes like a cartoon!

...anyway, I thought this was pretty ridiculous:
the realization of Reagan's plan that everyday Americans should be able to share Air Force One. Once the exhibit opens to the public Monday, visitors will be able to walk through the aircraft that Reagan used.
lol thank you, your gracious majesty!
What magnificent generosity to his loyal subjects...

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fleaflo
Nancy Regan lobbied extremely hard for them to pass laws that would allow for extensive stem cell research. Bush on the other hand favors severly restricted research guidelines. He's there to 'pay his respects' but she might feel a bit differently about his presence.

I still don't see how that makes this wrong. Speculating on Nancy's perceptions of Bush showing up at this memorial is all fine and dandy, but I think it's stretching the issue to correlate that with the apparent outrage being expressed in this thread. We all hate Bush and know he does stupid things, but those things go far beyond attending a dinner at a memorial where the subject of reflection's wife may or may not like him.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
The first person to use the word "wrong" was you Bass-Invader. ;)

well appalling or whatever. The OP seems to think it's an example of brainlessness big enough to make him 'start caring how small dubya's brain is' or whatever and while it might be a bit insensitive, it just seems like it's nitpicky and not really newsworthy.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
well appalling or whatever. The OP seems to think it's an example of brainlessness big enough to make him 'start caring how small dubya's brain is' or whatever and while it might be a bit insensitive, it just seems like it's nitpicky and not really newsworthy.

i agree. there's nothing in that article to suggest "mindlessness" or the opposite thereof. it's just an article describing his plans to attend the opening of the air force one pavilion. what's the big deal?

Originally posted by deafplayer
everything Bush does is kind of funny... hes like a cartoon!

...anyway, I thought this was pretty ridiculous:

lol thank you, your gracious majesty!
What magnificent generosity to his loyal subjects...

i'm guessing you think this because the article used the words "everyday Americans" to describe the general non-white house public. the reporter that wrote the article chose to use those words. what's with the "your gracious majesty" stuff? i think it's pretty cool that the former air force one (one of the most technologically advanced aircrafts ever built) will be open to public viewings. if i was in town, i'd probably check it out.

if you pounce on every silly thing as reason to hate/criticize him, you make it easier for the other side to ignore your more rational anti-bush arguments.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
well, he DID make up a word in his speech.

Last I checked it was "most noble" and not "noblest" or "no-bel-lest" since he speaks in phonetics all too often

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurker
well, he DID make up a word in his speech.

Last I checked it was "most noble" and not "noblest" or "no-bel-lest" since he speaks in phonetics all too often
noblest is a word.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I don't think the original post was really representative of the subject. I think his post was just a way of breaking the ice in this forum and expressing his flippant opinion of the American administration's figurehead.

alma

TRIBE Member
I don't think the original post was really representative of the subject. I think his post was just a way of breaking the ice in this forum and expressing his flippant opinion of the American administration's figurehead.

pretty much perfect analysis

i couldn't care less about that figurehead

deafplayer

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
i'm guessing you think this because the article used the words "everyday Americans" to describe the general non-white house public. the reporter that wrote the article chose to use those words. what's with the "your gracious majesty" stuff? i think it's pretty cool that the former air force one (one of the most technologically advanced aircrafts ever built) will be open to public viewings. if i was in town, i'd probably check it out.
I hadnt noticed "everyday Americans" in particular, just the implication of generosity or caring about them
"...Reagan's plan [Bush used "dream"] that everyday Americans should be able to share Air Force One. ...visitors will be able to walk through the aircraft that Reagan used."

Reagan... of Reagonomics fame, the infamous Reagan/Thatcher war on the poor, etc... wants to share something with everyday people??
Oh, he just meant, once hes done using the most extravagant aircraft in the world, he'll share it with the people he used it to rob/robbed to pay for it... by giving them the opportunity to see it in a museum. Its like some twisted caricature of trickle-down economics... He wont actually share with the poor, but he might let them look at the "majest[ic]" (Bush) airplane they paid for
....and this seemed very funny at the time

And yes I would definitely see it I was in town...

deafplayer

TRIBE Member
this is really funny
www.wimp.com/presidential

I honestly really enjoy him... him and Reagan come across as the most purely decorational presidents to me (not that im familiar w/ many others)
Bush I and Clinton seemed like politicians trying to act... but Reagan and Bush II are just honest, dedicated actors

"Its never too cold to talk about freedom.":cool:

Turntable

TRIBE Member
LOL - He talked exactly what I wanted to hear...
That was awesome, thanks : )

Seriously though - Dumb as he might possibly be. He's still doing whatever the hell he wants. Let's keep bitching about his day trips.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
His speech today to the Economic Club of Washington was one of the worst I've ever heard. His speech writers should be fired. It meandered, (his delivery didn't help either), missed key points, somehow he managed to bring faith in to a speech to a crowd mostly made of financiers and lobbyists. Terrible jokes as well.

Vernon Jordan just looked embarrased during the whole thing.