• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FS: Furniture, TVs, Electronics, Appliances, etc

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
are you implying that soundstream took a deposit from your friend and then sold the item to another person, and has yet to return your friend's deposit?

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Even if that were the case, considering the nature of any deposit, being that most are meant as a way to ensure final sale (reserving it against other would-be buyers, and thus increasing risk of sale for the seller) would it be so surprising that its return was forfeited if the buyer refused pay for the item at the established price -the price agreed upon during the giving of said deposit? Although I can understand the contempt toward a steadfast deposit principle in such an informal forum of sale like the Tribe B&S area, at the same time exploiting the informality to besmirch the seller and cover what seems like a botched bait & switch low-ball attempt is much more slimy to me.

That being said, Caveat emptor -which of course is an active rule in this forum.

gasper

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
Even if that were the case, considering the nature of any deposit, being that most are meant as a way to ensure final sale (reserving it against other would-be buyers, and thus increasing risk of sale for the seller) would it be so surprising that its return was forfeited if the buyer refused pay for the item at the established price -the price agreed upon during the giving of said deposit? Although I can understand the contempt toward a steadfast deposit principle in such an informal forum of sale like the Tribe B&S area, at the same time exploiting the informality to besmirch the seller and cover what seems like a botched bait & switch low-ball attempt is much more slimy to me.

That being said, Caveat emptor -which of course is an active rule in this forum.

thus? steadfast??! besmirch???!!!

You're SO writing MY next English essay! ;)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
gasper said:
thus? steadfast??! besmirch???!!!

You're SO writing MY next English essay! ;)
You'd end up proofing it anyway, so lets not be redundant and just not write it to begin with. Paradox something something event horizon.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
ok fine. if it was sold to the other person, and since you're such a well-to-do business man, i think it's time to settle the matter of the fully refundable deposit. stand by your "policy".
To avoid any ill will, I refunded the deposit in full on Tuesday.

- Ian

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
Thanks Doctor Tribe.

The fact is, when two parties agree that a deposit is there for securing the product, AND, it is agreed that the deposit is 100% refundable, we shouldn't have gotten this far.

I know ian is a smart and savvy businessman, (at least he tries to come off that he is), so I know he's not stupid enough to ruin his reputation on tribe over $25. Why it took him this long is beyond me, but until the money is in her account, this matter won't go away.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
sounds like some of the stuff he's selling wont go away either.... maybe that money could go to getting something else from his list of items for sale. ;)

or i guess money is money and getting it would be good too.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
Why it took him this long is beyond me, but until the money is in her account, this matter won't go away.
I REFUNDED HER MONEY IN FULL ON TUESDAY, 3 days after she refused to pay the agreed upon price.

Yet you CONTINUE to make posts insinuating that I have taken money from someone and refuse to return it.

Why you are so involved in this non-issue in beyond me. I did NOT work out a deal with you. I did NOT get the deposit from you. I do NOT need to refund you anything.

Do I need to post a screen capture of the e-mail money transfer? Would that appease you Jake?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
I rarely talk with noodle and wasn't aware you gave the money back.

but just for fun, why don't you post the screen capture?

hahahahaha!

CiG

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
I rarely talk with noodle and wasn't aware you gave the money back.

but just for fun, why don't you post the screen capture?

hahahahaha!

Do you talk this much shit in person?