1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

FS: DVD Movies

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell & Rent' started by Soundstream, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I finally got around to making a list of the DVDs that I am sure I want to sell.

All movies come in their original packaging, and with a few exceptions, all are in mint condition. All the titles listed have been viewed 2 times or less (many have never even been used at all).

I have tried to price all of them fairly by checking their current prices (shown in brackets, without taxes) on the Futureshop website. I find Futureshop to have the lowest prices on the majority of DVDs.

$5 Movies
    - Spaceballs ($11)
    - Who's Harry Crumb? ($10)

$10 Movies
    - 10 Things I Hate About You ($17) <--- some scratches, but plays perfectly
    - 100 Girls ($23)
    - American Beauty ($20)
    - Blazing Saddles ($10)
    - Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels ($17)
    - Spice World ($17)
    - Sugar & Spice ($17)

$15 Movies
    - Airplane II ($24)
    - Almost Famous ($24)
    - Animatrix ($23)
    - Chicken Run ($25)
    - Coming To America ($19)
    - Fear ($30)
    - Hole, The ($28)
    - Jackass: Volume 2 ($20) <--- buy both 2 & 3 for for $25 total
    - Jackass: Volume 3 ($20) <--- buy both 2 & 3 for for $25 total
    - Lost And Delirious ($25)
    - Maid In Manhattan ($25)
    - Quadrophenia ($30)
    - Royal Tenenbaums, The ($27)
    - Run Lola Run ($26)
    - Steve-O: Don't Try This At Home 2 ($22)
    - Sweetest Thing, The ($25)
    - Traffic ($20)

$20 Movies
    - Fubar ($33)
    - Gummo ($30)
    - My Big Fat Greek Wedding ($28)
    - Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Ultimate Edition) ($27)

$25 Movies
    - Benny Hill: Golden Greats ($44) <--- 2 discs
    - Blur: The Best of Blur ($34)
    - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within ($37)

I am pretty firm on most of the prices, but if for some reason you feel that my asking price is way off. Just show me a valid reason why you think so and then make me an offer. Also, if you are interested in multiple movies, I may be able to offer a package price.

I will accept cash, money order, PayPal, or COD. Canada Post charges an extra $6 for COD, so it is really only useful if you purchase multiple discs at once.

Items can be shipped within Canada for $2 for the first DVD, and $1 for each additional DVD.

PM me, or e-mail me at ian<AT>thechapmangroup.ca if you are interested in any of the titles (remember to edit the e-mail address appropriately). But please read my entire post before asking questions, as I tried to be as detailed as possible.

BONUS: The first 5 people who purchase two or more DVDs from me will each receive a $5 gift certificate to Famous Players (valid until March 31, 2004). Here is a picture of them to prove that they do indeed exist. ;)

Cheers ... Ian :)

2. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

Kinda steep prices for used dvd's no?

Go somewhere like dejavu discs or something like that, and it's unlikely they would give you more than 10buxx for each, no matter what condition they were in.

I'm interested in run lola run, animatrix, lock stock and two smoking barrels and final fantasy..

but you'd have to make me a better deal.

3. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

dejavu wouldn't give you famous players gift certificates!

c'mon...the prices aren't that bad...10 bones for american beauty is a a steal, personally ive seen much worse

4. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

you actually bought Maid in Manhattan???

good luck getting rid of that one;)

and does the Benny Hill double pack entitle me to one of those Famous Players coupons? it IS two DVDs....i could be persuaded....

5. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I agreee, they wouldn't give me more than $10 per DVD. You are right. But that is because they need to make a profit selling them. They also charge tax, and won't ship them to your door.

Secondly, "used" is not exactly the best word to describe these DVDs. Honestly, the majority of them have never even played once.

I am getting a strong response so far, so I don't see the need to alter my prices at the current time. Maybe check back later in a week and I might negotiate if any of those are left.

6. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Personally, I think that "Sprice World" will be my toughest sale. ;) Maid in Manhattan was alright. First movie where I have ever heard the actors use the word "google" in the form of a verb. ;)

BTW, if you think Maid in Manhattan is bad, you should see what I consider to be my favourites: She's All That, Josie And The Pussycats, A Girl Thing, and many, many more such fabulous titles! :)

Yes, purchasing the Benny Hill double pack would entitle you to a gift certificate, as long as you PM me about it quickly. Some of the gift certificates have been already spoken for (pending outcome of actual payment ;)). I will not reserve/put aside DVDs if you just mention interest in them in passing through this thread.

7. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

For those people who are PMing me, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOX IS EMPTY!!!

I have probably written about a half dozen PMs today with answers to questions that you are all asking, only to find out that your box is full, and I have to re-type the message from scratch at a later time after you clean it out.

So my point is, if you want a guaranteed response, please e-mail me at the address given in the first message.

I will still reply to PMs if your box is not full, but only e-mail will get a guaranteed response.

8. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

UPDATED LIST ...

$5 Movies
    - Who's Harry Crumb? ($10)

$10 Movies
    - 10 Things I Hate About You ($17) <--- some scratches, but plays perfectly
    - Blazing Saddles ($10)
    - Spice World ($17)
    - Sugar & Spice ($17)

$15 Movies
    - Almost Famous ($24)
    - Animatrix ($23)
    - Chicken Run ($25)
    - Coming To America ($19)
    - Fear ($30)
    - Hole, The ($28)
    - Jackass: Volume 2 ($20) <--- buy both 2 & 3 for for $25 total
    - Jackass: Volume 3 ($20) <--- buy both 2 & 3 for for $25 total
    - Maid In Manhattan ($25)
    - Steve-O: Don't Try This At Home 2 ($22)
    - Sweetest Thing, The ($25)

$20 Movies
    - My Big Fat Greek Wedding ($28)

$25 Movies
    - Benny Hill: Golden Greats ($44) <--- 2 discs
    - Blur: The Best of Blur ($34)
    - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within ($37)

9. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

One more to add that I forgot about ...

$15 Movies
    - Spider-Man ($27)