• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FS: Canon S230 digital camera + accessories

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Selling a mint condition Canon S230 digital camera. It is a 3.2 megapixel camera with 2x optical zoom. it comes with all original packaging and accessories. Visit the Canon website for more details on the camera.

I am asking $385 CDN firm. I have checked E-bay and this price seems appropriate, especially considering that you get to check that my item works before buying it, and you won't have to deal with the hassles of cross-border shipping if you buy a US item. If you don't like the price, then don't contact me. I cannot negotiate on the price of this item as I am attempting to recover the loss from the person who stole my other digital camera.



Also for sale is a SanDisk CompactFlash (Type I/II) reader for $20 ...



... and a 192 MB CF card for $65.



The accessories listed are only available for the buyer of the camera. If he/she doesn't want them, I may re-list them after the camera has been sold.

For more info, contact me at: canons230@thechapmangroup.ca

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

zoo

TRIBE Member
good price on the flash card, i just paid $70 for a 128meg Compact Flash



p.s. don't you own a bmw ?

why are you worried about recouping losses on a digital camera? ;0)
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Sounds like you have the same logic as the guy who vandelized my side mirror and then told me that if I can afford the car, then I can afford to fix it.

The reason I need to keep as much money from this sale as possible is because I am esentially paying 2x the price for my new camera (cuz I will have had to buy it twice).

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

Cri

TRIBE Member
*ignoring last sentence of post*

I'll take the card reader :p :p

SO what better model of digicam did you buy? :p
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cri
*ignoring last sentence of post*

I'll take the card reader :p :p

SO what better model of digicam did you buy? :p
I might be able to sell you "the mouth" seperately. Maybe for $25, as I need to give some incentive for the camera buyer to get it.

The stolen camera was the S400. But then I thought to myself "I need to out-do Cri, so I better get the Sony DSC-T1". ;) I haven't actually bought it yet, as I am debating if it is worth saving $200 and order one from the States or just buy locally.

Cheers ... Ian :)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cri
:rolleyes:

ian the out-doo-er for sure ;)
What was the rolleyes for? Just like Radio Shack. You got questions. I got answers.

Now, does anyone actually want the damn (fine) camera? :D

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
I might be able to sell you "the mouth" seperately. Maybe for $25
not raining on your parade but my sandisk compact flash reader cost me $20 brand new [after a $10 "instant rebate"]

and it even came with a $12 USD main-in-rebate :0)
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
not raining on your parade but my sandisk compact flash reader cost me $20 brand new [after a $10 "instant rebate"]

and it even came with a $12 USD main-in-rebate :0)
Well I just go by what FutureShop has it listed at: $34.99. They usually have lots of items at reasonable prices for comparison purposes. Maybe you bought yours during some boxing day special sale?

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Sony DSC-T1".
YIH!!! that's what i'm getting!


DOOD the thing is soo fucking BOND it's not even funny..

HUGE MOFUCKING SCREEN TOO!

I cant wait
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Henrys. But they are expensive. Hence the reason I am considering ordering from the US.

Cheers ... Ian :)
holee fuck....you're right.


GAH!!! must have camera!!!

how long do you think it'll take till it falls closer to ~$600? 6months? a YEAR?

i dont think i can wait that long.
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
how long do you think it'll take till it falls closer to ~$600? 6months? a YEAR?

i dont think i can wait that long.
Not for at least 1 year. Sony isn't usually too quick to discount their prices.

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Not for at least 1 year. Sony isn't usually too quick to discount their prices.

Cheers ... Ian :)

yeah .. well.. when i first saw that camera... i KNEW i had to have it... AND i knew i'd prolly have to shell a grand for it.

are there any performance reviews out for this thing yet? It was released on the market sooner than i'd anticipated.
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
are there any performance reviews out for this thing yet? It was released on the market sooner than i'd anticipated.
The reviews I read looked favourable. My only concern is the zoom mechanism that operates with sliding lenses/mirrors inside the camera shell. I once bought a Minolta (I think) digital camera that had the same mechanism and it provided really poor pictures (although shooting in macro mode was excellent).

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
The reviews I read looked favourable. My only concern is the zoom mechanism that operates with sliding lenses/mirrors inside the camera shell. I once bought a Minolta (I think) digital camera that had the same mechanism and it provided really poor pictures (although shooting in macro mode was excellent).

Cheers ... Ian :)

yeah.. i'm familiar with the minolta of which you speak... the one that's shaped like a stack of 3.5' disks.


a carl zeiss lens on this sony is a pretty strong reason to expect GOOD returns tho....

if you beat me to buying this camera (which you prolly will, please let me know your impressions, and send some pics... )
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top