1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

FS: Blinker v0.3 - 64 light LED light wall and controller for sale

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell & Rent' started by veteze, Mar 9, 2010.

1. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

So, I'm selling this.

Why? Because I'm working on two new projects.

1. lighting a bus for a Burning Man project and
    2. a new bigger lightwall / dj booth combo

The materials of which will cost more than what I hope to get for selling this one.

What is it?

4X 16 light panels. Total width end to end is ~ 20' and it's about 4' high.
    1X control panel.

additionally, i will do the following:

1. rebuild the control panel. I'm building a smaller, more solid controller box out of metal and acrylic, putting higher quality rotary encoders and knobs, properly soldering in connecting wires.
    2. adding a 5th knob to control brightness for all programs.
    3. any new programs that I write in the next year I'll upload to your controller. I have about 10 more in mind - most of them sound activated. So I'll guarantee giving you at least 10 new ones in the next year - probably by summer
    4. add a program that automatically cycles through all the programs and settings.
    5. if any of the lights go out or break due to a quality control issue then I'll replace them for up to a year.

Where can I see it?

It's currently installed at Wrongbar without diffusers and will be there over this weekend.

Here's a video of it in action with a diffuser on it.

Any sort of diffuser can be used but it looks pretty amazing on black with no diffuser.

How much do you want for it?

$6000.

email mr@spaz.com or call 416-834-5367

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

it's actually 192 light. 64 RGB modules. this thing will light up a giant room all on its own. you may have seen it at the promise NYE party as well.

3. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

you know $6k is just a starting point. i will let it go for less. this is coming out of wrongbar this week. if anyone has any ideas on places that might be interested in it then send me a PM.

it's being rented out for a party on the 10th of april.

4. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

5. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

That's funny, the flyer for your event that you're promoting in the buy and sell forum doesn't have any more infos on the LED wall, am I missing something?

6. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

i think he's trying to say that if you want to see it then you can see it at his party.

questionable post? yeah probably. thanks for the bump? certainly. ;)

i'm talking to a couple clubs about this so i think this might get sold in the not so distant future.

i'm currently totally rebuilding the box so it will be much more solid and less looking like it might catch on fire at any moment.

i'm also rebuilding the trusses using steel conduit instead of wood and hiding all the exposed wires so they too look less amateur hour.

that is all.

7. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

The lights are going to be used at our event yes, on April 10th. Ryan is goin all sound and lighting for the event. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough on my posting!

8. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

these lights are hung from the ceiling at the milkrun party tonight if you want to see them in action. ;)

9. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

will these epilleptic lights work in a house?

10. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

yes. but it would need to be diffused. they're too bright at short range.