1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

FS: Allen & Heath Xone:62

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell & Rent' started by DJMarshy, Apr 17, 2010.

1. DJMarshy

DJMarshy TRIBE Member

Up for sale is my year-old A&H Xone:62. I've got one of the few models that was still made in England and it's in prime condition. No problems, no cosmetic damage, only ever used in my place (smoke-free) and never taken out for gigs. Comes with all the original packaging (except plastic sleeve) and I can throw in a pair of longish XLR cables, too.

Asking $750. E-mail is preferable: hazard.rfd [at} gmail {dawt] com
  2. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

Not that it's a huge deal, but I'm curious, if it's only a year old, how could it have been made in the U.K.? I was under the assumption that they've been making them in China since 2004.
  3. DJMarshy

DJMarshy TRIBE Member

I managed to find one lying around at the L&M in Mississauga that was made in England :)
  4. DJMarshy

DJMarshy TRIBE Member

Actually, that got me thinking and went to double-check. The box claims it's made in the UK but on the unit itself it says made in China. What a con.

Anyway, since I can't seem to edit the post now, keep in mind that it's actually made in China, not the UK :(
  5. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Finally, we're glad to say that we're very pleased with the quality of product the Chinese factory is achieving - there is absolutely NO discernible difference between the mixers built in China and those built in the UK.
  6. DJMarshy

DJMarshy TRIBE Member

Still, it's more just a matter of peace of mind. We've all seen what happens when Chinese manufacturers start cutting corners :eek:
  7. DJMarshy

DJMarshy TRIBE Member

So it's been brought to my attention that Moog has the Xone:62 for $699 brand new. Looks like I'm keeping this bad boy now :p