• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FS: 53cm LOOK KG281 road racing bike

Medic

TRIBE Member
LOOK KG281 complete bike 53cm

FRAME: Look KG281 53cm (Blue/black) 54 tt FORK: Look HSC2 all carbon H/SET: Selcoff cartridge bearing STEM: TTT Mutant 9cm BARS: TTT Morph 42cm S/POST: U.S.E. Alien carbon SEAT: Selle Italia Flite Max Trans Am TAPE: Cork TIRES: Vittoria Corsa CX Tubular. RIMS: Mavic Reflex Tubular 32H Blue SPOKES: DT Butted silver w/ brass nipples PEDALS: None GROUPSET: Campy Daytona 10 spd with Record Carbon ergo lever upgrade. C/Set 53/39, Cstt 12-25, BB=AC-S.

This is a brand new bike. It has been ridden less than 70 km in sunny, dry weather (yes, I’m serious…) You wouldn’t know it’s ever been on the road at all. With tax, it’s worth nearly $5000. I’m selling it because it’s not being ridden and unlikely to be any time soon. Too many other commitments. Make me a SENSIBLE offer around $2950 (and promise to use it properly!) and it’s yours… Call Adam – 416-824-2496 email: prestige.services@sympatico.ca

Medic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Astroboy
nice bike!
Thanks! Yes it is! It needs a good home... Not sure that this is a good venue to sell it but it's already on several racing specific sites. Who knows, there might be an aspiring road rider or triathlete on here somewhere!

-----------
Adam :)

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Beautiful bike man. LOOK make a terrific product.
A guy in Highschool had one of their mountain bikes and I was always mad jealous. :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Stupid question: do you ever bring it anywhere that requires loking it up, and if so what do you use to lock a bike that's $3000?

Medic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Stupid question: do you ever bring it anywhere that requires loking it up, and if so what do you use to lock a bike that's $3000?
I was a bike store manager in the UK and here for nearly 12 years. Raced pro (yes paid!) in the UK for 3 years with Fisher MTBs and can tell you that bikes like this don't get locked up anywhere.... ever.... unless you are desperate to lose them...

You ride a POS in the city and for winter training. This baby (and the many others like it which I actually DID ride... :rolleyes: ) stays in the house or under the rider.

You wouldn't drive an F1 car to Loblaws (hopefully)... this is the bicycle equivalent. Unlike MTBs of a similar price you can get many many years of hard use from a well kept road bike. The equipment doesn't tend to date as quickly and they are usually very serviceable. It's worth looking after them and keeping them safe.

-----------
Adam :)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
What do you recommend as the best device out there to lock a bike?

(can you tell I've just had mine stolen recently?)

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
What do you recommend as the best device out there to lock a bike?

(can you tell I've just had mine stolen recently?)
My $.02 is a Kryptonite lock. They have insurance on their product up to $10K US I believe if you register it. Anyone willing to warranty their product like that probably makes a decent lock.
And if It does get jacked you claim you where riding an ill tricked out Gary Fisher :)

Casper

TRIBE Member
the problem is the fact that for you to get the insurance you have to register the bike with 'the bike registry' which costs money (around $30US 3 or 4 years ago) and send along your receipt (value) for the bike. you can't really scam them. having one of their top of the line locks is definately a detterant, but nothing will stop a torch. i have a kryptonite u-lock, just lock both wheels, seat (or take it with you) and frame to something thicker than the lock in a high pedestrian traffic area. my bro taped his frame with electrical tape to make it look less intresting,
peace

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

nusty

TRIBE Member
Kryptonite new york lock. hands down if you have a smaller frame. or their beast of a chain lock. Both have been tested by pro bike thieves in some 'fun' neighbourhoods with VERY limited theft success.
For a cheeper alternative their Evolution 2000 is also decent and still comes with a warranty (as long as you don't leave the bike locked up in NYC. lol! it actually does have this 1 exclusion written in its warranty). :D

or you could always throw it up in a tree. no one looks up these days. ;)