• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fruit Rollups

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
does anyone eat these anymore?

I used to eat them NONSTOP as a kid. And I picked some up this week at Loblaws and forgot how much damn fun they are!!

What other sort of candies/treats did you eat as a kid that you haven't anymore?

BRING BACK THE PLAYGROUND...at least in the candy department :D

--> munching on a strawberry roll-up!

~allie~

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
hfca738.jpg

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
i use to LOVE sour gumballs....not sure if thats what they were called......i would buy them in bulk and eat them all day...but i would wash each one off with water..because i dont like sour things....i was a weird child

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
I bought fun dip last week. So good except for the candy that makes up the stick. Not so hot. I also bought some poprocks. I think thats what they are called. When you put them in your mouth they jump around and make noise. Its a good distraction in class especially when you dump a bunch in a water bottle. Makes for fun during a long night class.

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
I don't buy the Fruit Rollups, but I do still buy Fruit By The Foot (which is basically the same thing). I love those things. People make fun of me, but I don't care. :)

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
everyday in elementry school... Jaimie had her recess snack consisting of

orbitz
vc2_01orb_orbitz.gif

and Poprocks
pre83.jpg

but then orbitz was like discontinued or something shameful :(

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eccentric (LRG)

orbitz
vc2_01orb_orbitz.gif

and Poprocks
pre83.jpg

You were in elementry school when Orbitz came out? *Oh my* I am ancient.

-ian g.

Casey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
You were in elementry school when Orbitz came out? *Oh my* I am ancient.

-ian g.

she must be pretty young, because I'm pretty sure I was in highschool when they came out, and I'm not very old.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
My all time favourite candy. I had such a sweet tooth as a kid, it was disgusting.

I used to spend my lunch money at Becker's on candy. I still can't believe I've only ever had one cavity.

images

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eccentric (LRG)

orbe83.jpg[/IMG]

ewwwww
orbitz are nasty.
They were giving them away at HMV, now that's gotta tell you something about them.
I remember Rosie Odonell had them on her show and was talking about them. It was funny.

I used to love Sour Gum Balls and Gobstoppers. I used to eat them all the time.
Man when i was a kid me and freinds would bike to Beckers with juse 2 bucks and we would get so much junkfood!!!
it was like we struck gold :D

jus me

TRIBE Member
I ate a fruit rollup about a year ago...and couldn't believe how sticky it was! My jaw really got sore from chewing it, seemed like so much work. I dunno how I did it as a kid. :p

as for orbitz, I tried it once out of curiosity...how did those little balls end up floating in the drink?

And I have to agree with the poprocks, those are my favorites. Especially when you get a big one and crack it with your teeth! YOWCH! :D

We also used to have contest with those sour candies. I forget what they're called. But they come in packages of one, and you can get them at the corner store. I think they have a sour-ness rating...I think they're called war-heads? I never one, and got disgusted by the girl who would pop 3 in her mouth at once and finish them off. Eeyuck.

starr

TRIBE Member
when i got tired of fruit rollups i discovered fruit gushers...now those were amazing!

also some yogurt kinda thing with candy inside - they were okay but i can't remember what they were called...anyone know their name?

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I still hook up the fruit snacks when I go food shoping.

I used to fiend for fun fruits, but now I'll eat the sunkist real fruit ones. I feel so silly in the check out... brie, salmon, parsnips...fruit snacksx3

I can eat a box in one sitting... jus can't stop myself
:rolleyes:

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
I believe it was grade 6 and 7 or 7 and 8... when they came out for me... mmmmmmm orbitz.

I'm 21 so I'm not too young...

Orbitz rocked. They felt funny going down...... *snick*

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by afterglow
i always hated eating them in the winter during recess because they froze solid.

Hehe.... recess...

remember that? Let's put on our snowpants & boots and go stand outside for 15 minutes.

remember the kid who always smelled like wet dog afterwards? all afternoon?

okay, methinks this is a stray from the topic. So...

I used to love that strange neopolitan toffee strip. Remember that? What the hell was it called?

And do you remember Sarasoda? The fizzy fruity drink with beer in it they sold at the 7-11?