1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fringe TV Show- More than just the new X-Files

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by groovespinna, Sep 9, 2008.

1. groovespinna

groovespinna TRIBE Member

Fringe

I couldn't find a thread. if there is one, please dig it up and disregard this.
    Did anyone watch the premiere?

2. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

3. groovespinna

groovespinna TRIBE Member

awesome.

4. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

missed it, but wanted to watch it all week. poor me i guess.

5. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

Not bad!

6. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

around here it's called BANGS!

better recognize. BOH!

7. synchronizator

synchronizator TRIBE Member

just watched it...
    it's pretty good, but i'm going to watch a few more episodes before determining my full season commitment...

what you SHOULD watch is a good ole fashion TRUE BLOOD.... holy shit was that pilot wicked!

ps... Olivia is going to bother me... i can already tell...

8. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Is it just me or is the chick in this show a dead ringer for Cate Blanchett?

9. Kazoo

Kazoo TRIBE Member

I agree True Blood was stellar. Not sure if it was better than Fringe as I missed it.

10. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

we liked it a lot

it's like x-files but with science instead of aliens

11. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

I'm sold! Science is scary.

12. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

They should have started off with a scare-mongering story about the LHC instead of some stupid skin-melting chemical attack.

13. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

I really liked it a lot and I like how it wasn't all xfiles, and that they threw a crazy kill the world conspiracy in the mix..

that girl looks exactly like Blanchett, I thought it was her until now...

I'll keep my eye on this one for now

14. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

I watched the first hour before we had to switch 9021whoa.

Pretty good premiere. Im looking forward to seeing the rest of the season. Also props to Andrew Kramer for doing the show intro and all the 3D titles through-out.

15. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I watched it. I liked what I saw. Kirk Acevedo, (HBO's OZ and Band of Brothers among others) is in it, and I find everything he's in is good. I was impressed with Joshua Jackson's acting, every character he used to play was basically Pacey all over again, but he was noticeably different last night.

The episode lat night was the pilot and was filmed in Toronto, unfortunately it moves to New York for the rest of the season.

They threw in a LOST orchestral build right before a commercial towards the end. That got me hoping there's some kind of LOST tie-in. But this show is on FOX and LOST is on ABC, so no there no chance of it.

Anybody notice the cameo appearance by Trey (the wife beating, dog rescuing, former lofter) at the end? He was the nurse with the gurny.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  16. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

ya, me and cabbagetowngirl posted about Tray in NC last night.
    he beat his wife ?

17. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Apparently. When all that dog rescuing vigilante stuff happened, the message section of the Facebook page for Trey was shut down because of all the people talking about how abusive he is.

18. cabbagetowngirl

cabbagetowngirl TRIBE Member

Wow... That's pretty shitty of you to say. Do you actually know Tre, or just listen to gossip?

19. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I know his ex-wife. So my opinion of him is biased.

20. synchronizator

synchronizator TRIBE Member

do you actually or are you just saying that.

21. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

i sense a new song...
    ps - post those Lolla videos or i'll make damn sure you never play in this city again.

22. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I don't know her well, but I know her. I used to work with her.

Is the abuse true? I'm pretty sure it is. But it might not be. But I have no respect for any man who hits women, so I have trouble biting my tongue.

23. cabbagetowngirl

cabbagetowngirl TRIBE Member

Judging by Tre's nature, and how well my BF knows him, I'd highly doubt it. Whenever someone ends up in the news doing good or bad, there is always gossip about said person. I'm sure a small percentage of the talk is true, but most of it is pure bullshit.

I believe that Tre isn't capable of doing such a thing. Just the way he talks about his unborn daughter and his fiancee, says so.

24. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

so that Fringe show is a hell of a show eh?

no need to drag out this debate, you each believe what you want to believe you not going to change eachothers minds...ch33se

FRINGE!

btw I loved the block letters for the city they're travelling to it's done really well

25. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Seriously, who gives a shit about this Trey or Tray or Tree whatever the fuck his name is.