• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Freskanova classics box set !!!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
If it is, dont expect it to be anything even close to reasonably priced.

Probably the most expensive box set to ever be produced in electronic/dance music.

I should sell all my singles as a "boxed set" :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
none of the freska records are really THAT hard to find....

ive never had a problem tracking them down

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
They weren't that hard to find when I bought them....

Of course, they were considered 'new' back then... :D

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by D-Monic
They weren't that hard to find when I bought them....

Of course, they were considered 'new' back then... :D

In the comedic sense of Joe Flaherty in the movie Happy Gilmore I say to you...." Jack ass "
^No harm intended!^
Dave

P.S. For those who are wondering,go 2 google or what have you and type in Freskanova classics.It takes you to a broken link.....So I can't confirm nuttin.......Anybody find anything yet ??

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
I think I'm probably just gonna be borowing them for an extended period......we all know he'll eventually want them back !!
But either way......fun for everyone !!!

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TheDirtBikeKid
we all know he'll eventually want them back !!
But either way......fun for everyone !!!
Too true...

"I'm all about the funky breaks... no wait... I'm all about the Nu-School breaks... no wait... I'm all about the Drum & Bass... no wait... I don't want to be a DJ... no wait..."
- Phat Trick (2000 - 2004)

;)

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
I'd be curious to see there catalog.

I have many of their old ones.
Like Dan said, bought em when they were new.

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by D-Monic
Too true...

"I'm all about the funky breaks... no wait... I'm all about the Nu-School breaks... no wait... I'm all about the Drum & Bass... no wait... I don't want to be a DJ... no wait..."
- Phat Trick (2000 - 2004)

;)

WOW!
ok...
I still like breaks, I just havn't heard anything lately that tweeked my interest.
I still like the funky shit, because that's where the soul is. Where my soul is.
When I said that Nu skool owns, I was being so extremely sarcastic. Anyone who knows me would know that. (Dan!)
I'm still into the DnB thing. You should hear some of the stuff I've collected... Damn! Lovin' it.
I never wanted to quit DJ'ing. I just want to sell my gear because my focus these days are not so much into DJ'ing, but more into marathoning and triathlons. I could really use the money to buy a decent bike.
So that's the condensed form of my biography. Is that OK with you Mr. Officer D Monic?
(smiley face)

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by !Myagi!
none of the freska records are really THAT hard to find....

ive never had a problem tracking them down

Find the Monty Props album of samples and beats - "Battle Beats". So wicked to sample, so many cuts.
Anyways, it's impossible. It took me years to find that, years.

I'd say only 95% of the breaks DJs in the entire world (old school guys or not) dont have it. It's more rare than any other Freska release.

and the very first (arguably second) Freska release "Funky Walrus" is just as, if not more impossible to track down.

Even the tune on scratch city, first Freestylers release included in the Freska catalog, but not actually pressed on Freska - "AK 48"

And while we're on the subject, Adventures In Freestyle, Original Ruffneck(not w/ spaced invader) and eventually the We Rock Hard Album are extremely hard to find for many people.

Dont get me wrong a handful of Freska records are really easy to find but there's alot more than people think. The final number of Freskanova releases was up into the 40's..... Alot more than the "10 popular tunes" on Freska.

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
yeah - im looking now, but having difficulty with the monty props one and the funky walrus one...i have a white label for the ruffneck original i found on gemm, and the freestylers ak record i can find two of right now

sauce

TRIBE Member
That freska beats and samples record was up on ebay a couple months ago. I think it went for a pretty penny but can't remember for sure. I want the "we rock hard" album but i'm not about to spend like $75 on it. Pepole are nuts selling for that much, but i supose if someones going to pay that much then i'd probaly sell it for that much to.

I'll keep digging and eventually find it.

peace

sauce

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
Exactly. Finding them, and then finding them for a good price are completely different.
I can find almost all of them within two days, but not for a half decent price.

Luckily i dug and dug all over the internet for a good two years and found them all for reasonable prices.

So it can happen. Keep diggin Sauce!

Andrew, I dont doubt your vinyl finding skills - your the only one that keeps me on my toes! :)