• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Free to Good Home: Awesome Tuxedo Cat

peko

TRIBE Member
Our awesome 7 year old cat, Tux the Cat isn't coping with living with 2 kids (a pre-schooler & toddler). Tux is super stressed out as living in our busy & noisey household is no longer allowing him a good quality of life.

Tux the Cat is like a dog: extremely social, melo, comes to you on demand (knows his name), loves to cuddle and can jump up into your arms.

If you know any cat lover who can give Tux a peaceful home where he's top dawg, please PM me.

peko

TRIBE Member
if i hadnt already rescued two cats i would take him
Even a Liberal cat? ;) (joking)

You guys are awesome. I want Tux to come around too. Every stage your child goes through feels like forever - hopefully, "this too shall pass". Both kidlets love him and are in his face, all.the.time. Hee.

I wish there was a Cat Whisperer I could call. :)

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Both kidlets love him and are in his face, all.the.time. Hee.
Perhaps suggesting to the kidlets that if they love Tux, they'll understand that he sometimes needs his space and quiet time? Does he have some place he can claim as his own?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

peko

TRIBE Member
how well does he do with other cats?
im considering getting a companion for SPOCK !

:D
is SPOCK male or female? Currently, he's good with Mazzy Star (chick cat), but they fake brawl when they're hungry or sometimes territory issues.

Tux likes to think he's the Alpha but really he's more of a Beta.

I'll PM you. :)

peko

TRIBE Member
Perhaps suggesting to the kidlets that if they love Tux, they'll understand that he sometimes needs his space and quiet time? Does he have some place he can claim as his own?
Umm, do you have kids ( 1 yr old & almost 3 yr old)? Love and respect are abstract concepts at their ages. We live in a small house, so the kids play in every room.

Tux and Mazzy sleep on our bed or on the couch. The cats will leave the room when the kidlets get loud & rowdy. Loud startling noises (ie. toys falling or being thrown around) scare him.

It's not just quiet time, it's that he's not top dawg anymore (we treated him like our child in LBK). Although, sometimes he stays around while the kids pet him (try to tug his whiskers), grab his fur, scream in his face, etc. He's so passive he won't bite, hiss or scratch them - he just takes it.

I think he's also ticked off because MOD ONE isn't home as much too. Tux doesn't handle change well - I can't move certain furniture because he gets stressed if they're not in the spots he likes (scratch his neck off as a result).

OMG, I love this cat.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
is SPOCK male or female? Currently, he's good with Mazzy Star (chick cat), but they fake brawl when they're hungry or sometimes territory issues.

Tux likes to think he's the Alpha but really he's more of a Beta.

I'll PM you. :)
male, 2 years old, quite a character, hes had friends before and is essentially a pack kitten.

Im top dog, and then there is the cats hehehe. hes lived with 2 other male cats before, itchy had to be put down a couple of years ago shortly after getting spock.

my brothers cat Bushok came to live with us for a while, and him and Spock became great friends, Bushok much the same as Tux seems to be was passive and just takes things.

Spock is a little monster who loves to run and play and i think it rubbed off on Bushok, not fight, but just good fun.

Current Flatmate is 90% sure moving into the apt next to me, soooo i have my second room back and the house will be more empty without him around, soooo i was thinking well maybe a second cat.

i wouldnt want to stress him out though, Spock is quite energetic but once the excitement of someone new wears off, they usually fall into a routine.

cats can go anywhere and sleep anywhere in my place, im not really picky, sometimes spock lives on top of the cubords in the kitchen.

Strictly indoor here though as im on a 2nd floor, but big windows with good sills to sit and sniff air from.

anyways PM me and we can chat.

Last edited:

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Tux is a great cat wish I had more time to pay attention to him however with the smokehouse and kids he doesn't get the attention he use to get and he his really feeling it.