• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Free Image Manipulation Programs??

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know of a good IMP that can be downloaded for free of the net? Preferably mac compatible.. but it doesn't have to be. Thx.

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
yeah. i did a search through google and found G.I.M.P. Seems alright, but i think it may be worth the hassle to purchase photoshop since few good IMPs are downloadable of the net.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
Doran said:
if you're using a mac, anything but photoshop would be relatively pointless.

windows on the other hand has a few decent free programs like Paint.NET (http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/) though
That's excatly what i was thinking. Photoshop with Mac is definately the best way to go.

I do have a Dell PC at home so i can probably download The G.I.M.P or Paint.net (depending on which one of the two works best with my computer and can cater to my graphic design needs best) with ease.

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
I have used The GIMP quite extensively on both Win and Lin. I am not a graphic designer or professional photo dude. I think it is a really good application, and I am sure it works on a Mac. If you have not actually tried The GIMP, give it a whirl, I think most would be pleasently surprised.