• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Free Beer

Boo

TRIBE Member
From another board...

Kokanee is giving out free 6-pack cans (With valid photo ID) at the corner of St. George and Bloor. They have an entire Mac truck full of the stuff. I got there when they started at about 2:15. Line up was about 5 min. Just a heads-up for people in the area.

Taro

TRIBE Member
wicked..

I'm going there right after work..

hopefully there will be something left when I get there at 400

and thanks

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Taro

TRIBE Member
billy said:
when have the words "free" and "beer" never been worth it?
add the word 'broke' and this sounds like a deal.

kokanee isn't my favourite beer, I haven't had one in years. but hey, it's free, and I would walk by there anyway!

billy

TRIBE Member
Taro said:
add the word 'broke' and this sounds like a deal.

kokanee isn't my favourite beer, I haven't had one in years. but hey, it's free, and I would walk by there anyway!
LOL!!

it's an OK beer. it's everywhere out west..bigtime. sort of like keith's in nova scotia. (note: i am not comparing keith's and kokanee in any other way than geographic popularity).

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
you can't give away free beer, JEMZ is right

it's an idiots march....somebody is obviously sitting in a high rise with binoculars watching the stream of cheapskates arrive for their free swill.

pictures to follow. (I hope)

would have been hype if people were told, they had to so something stupid when they got there to get their beer from the kokanee staff who were hiding

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alcid

TRIBE Member
billy said:
when have the words "free" and "beer" never been worth it?
when said free beers have included the likes of Kokanee, Canadian, Blue or any other swill that is more closely related to urine than to beer.

dyad

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
you can't give away free beer, JEMZ is right

it's an idiots march....somebody is obviously sitting in a high rise with binoculars watching the stream of cheapskates arrive for their free swill.

pictures to follow. (I hope)

would have been hype if people were told, they had to so something stupid when they got there to get their beer from the kokanee staff who were hiding
the thing is, its such a busy corner that the pics probably wouldnt be all that entertaining. i doubt people could even pick out the beer seekers in a crowd of u of t students

billy

TRIBE Member
alcid said:
when said free beers have included the likes of Kokanee, Canadian, Blue or any other swill that is more closely related to urine than to beer.
i agree with you about those beers being only slightly more appealing than drinking tap water, but free.....i mean...FREE! i like many other canadians believes that my body is has a higher beer content than water.

i mean....jeeezz..free beer!!! "call it in lou! we need pretzels...i repeat, pretzels!"

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
dyad said:
the thing is, its such a busy corner that the pics probably wouldnt be all that entertaining. i doubt people could even pick out the beer seekers in a crowd of u of t students

that's why you'd have to tell them to do something dumb...like wear a bowl on their head, so the kokanee people would recognise them as supporters of the cause, and would then usher them into the secret temple of booze..

might work better if they're offering 24's....since we're making stuff up and all.

who wants to start a good internet lie?....I made one of those chain emails up a few years ago when they were popular saying the ballzak hat company had a million left over jester touque hats left over from the like, two weeks when they were popular but they refused to donate them to chilly poor people, and if only people would sign the petition maybe they would donate send some jester hats to nepal or something...

wanted to see if it would come back to me...never did...

I think the real humour now is in making local people do retarded things for free shit...

Last edited: