• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

*** Fred Everything... and everything ***

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I WAS FUCKING DESTROYED!
Even if I write a review now, it won't make any sense - I just wanted to be the first one to post. :)

A better review when brain will start function again.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i was in bed by 1:30.
who knew that i needed this "sleep" shit that people keep going on about?
learn something new everyday...

hope y'all went crazy... :( boo to sleep.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
right holy fuck... fred was amazing, really got the 'ouse jackin like fuck..... good to see him back here... Good work footwork... SHi the dj after fredwas diiiirty... sweeeet as..... Fred for prime minister... whoot whoot.... And killa, where were yous.... ahhh need to go and sober uppp.. grrrrrrr

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I was front row, right side of the stage, by the speaker getting OWNED.

Holy motherfucking dirty nasty tunes! WOW.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Krzysiu said:
great seeing everyone out! wow, sean was out of control, eh?
Haha you're so full of it. :p I'm never telling you what I'm up to again.

Anyways Fred was fantastic. Everytime I watch him on the decks I can't help but be in awe, he's without a doubt one of the best mixers I've ever seen. Constantly pulling off so much stuff that no one notices unless they see him do it because he's so good at it. And the tracks were phenominal, I had to keep asking Tim Patrick to ID them for me. haha

Packed house too, and I missed the other djs but Hali. He played a fantastic set as well, I don't think I've ever heard a set from him I didn't like. Total class on the decks.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
t'was a good night! I had a great time.

the club filled up really fast b/w 11:30 and midnight... a swarm of people just kept coming in... it was nice to see that even though it was cold and snowy outside.

Fred brought it and more. I really enjoyed his set. Hali played a kick ass opening set for him as well. Rich and Don were on point... too bad more people weren't there to check it out.

I met a few people whose names escape me right now but I do remember meeting KillaLadY... it was her b-day.

good times once again at Footwork.

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
Very, very sorry to have missed out on Rich and Don's performance. They got off as we entered the door, but - even without having people tell me how much they liked their set- it was already apparent how well things were going. It was only 11:30 and FW was already close to packed, the dancefloor was well occupied, and the crowd's buzz had a real positive energy to it.

Took me ahile to start dancing to Hali, but I was still gettin' into his tracks. He made me so happy when he dropped Induceve's remix of "Love Hate" as I've never heard anybody spin it a show (dumb luck, I guess) and it's an all-time fave, f'sure. Also liked the tribal beats he mixed out of it.

Fred Everything? PHWOOOOARRRR!!! Been anticipating this set for quite awhile now, and he easily surpassed my expectations. Really impressed by how varied his beat selection was - Loved it from start to finish.

An unexpected departure meant I didn't get to enjoy as much of Gryphon's set as I desired. Always been hot on the type of sets Gryphon delivers when he's closing or spinning during the pre-sunrise hours. (SBB '04 inside the Docks' Liberation Lounge is a prime example). Anyways, of the half-hour or so that I was exposed to, it sure was sounding like it was taking that shape - Absolutely dope.

Had the pleasure of meeting a few people: Don C...Mike Gleeson (finally)...nice to get re-acquainted with davehill79 (word to the wise, fellow Tribers: don't mention the name of Peter Risdale around this lad, lol)...and some real darlings out there on the floor..shied away from talking to many of them, tho, since a good percentage of them were getting annoyed by that persistant 'n' stumblin' tall dude up front...so i just respected there space and flashed a simple smile in acknowledgement.

More photos

Rich (oreretS) & Laura (missblu)

Hodges and myself

my sis Nat, Mark and Amanda (boobooKitty)

Mike (RhesusMonkey) & Lian

Snyds, Jen & Ford

Fred Everything

A surprise one-night-only appearance by the infamous MadWej (But BC hippies still don't believe it's safe to come out yet, since they're convinced "the bad man" is still there).

This pretty young lady was having lots o'fun shuffling behind the speaker...until I near blinded her with my camera flash ...pretty embarrassing on my part... ...my profuse apologies to you once more, whoever you are...

Last edited:

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
LOL haha that was me!

I was definitely blind for over 5 minutes, I was also trying to figure out what the hell that was.

Nice meeting you too, Vench - finally. :)

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
fuck was i talking to you last night killa??? i was dossing around there as well.... mmmmhhh. ha ha:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sweet catching up again as well missblue and silent syd...

KillaLadY said:
LOL haha that was me!

I was definitely blind for over 5 minutes, I was also trying to figure out what the hell that was.

Nice meeting you too, Vench - finally. :)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Ok, so proper review:

I am not too sure who were before Fred, but they set it up proper, as soon as I walked in the club, I couldn't stop dancing - and people wouldn't stop buying me drinks - damn bday celebrations.
I got to meet Fred Everything - thx Tim! :) I was very anxious to hear the man spin, I have couple of his mixes and I was very pleased, but I didn't know what to expect. He's definitely hot to watch him in action! I found myself starring at him couple of times.

And well, he would throw dirtiness after dirtiness and even if you never heard house music before, this would have made history in your books. Some interesting tracks, mixed with his famous tracks off his OM CD (which is fantastic, BTW).

It was nice to see familiar faces, Lucy, Vench, Timmy, Tim, Allison, Ryan Parks... and others, but please excuse me, I may have been a little out of it when I talked to you.

But Sean - wow... dude dropped it seriously afterwards.
What can I say, I love the place, it was my first time there and I found everybody super friendly.
It was awesome to party with my girls and make it a great night-out. Thanks for making my bday party one hell of a party!!

Thx Rich H for your help and Dave H - damn dude, I really think we talked last night, but... you know, blur blur blur...

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
LOL haha that was me!

heeheehee...ya I'm a douche:eek: ..I was trying to get a candid shot of you dancin' but you turned and looked directly at it, right in sync with the second delay after I pressed the shutter..i keep meaning to try and decrease the power of the flash, but it always slips my mind...so sorry again and hope you're wearing sunglasses if we see each other out again :D

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I've heard numerous Fred Everything CDs and Sets, but last night was the first time I've seen him live and I came out VERY impressed. He actually played a lot deeper than I expected which made me very happy.

Footwork was packed with lots of familiar and smiling faces. Fun night!

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i can't think. i just know there was something about music, a lot of tribers i can't remember the names of now, and my hat.

proper review later maybe.

s1k

TRIBE Member
good party, hadn't been to footwork since last time fred e was there...it's wierd how little pieces of footwork remind me of the old subdury, like the sound, and colours...and staff.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Some highlights of the night:
- had my crotch grabbed by some girl I was introduced to that night
- had my tit grabbed a few times
- random drama x 3
- seeing 2 people from highschool
- midget sluts with hangy boobs
- partying with all boys for most of the night (though I did need girl-time intermittantly)
- SUCH a good set by Fred Everything! Like SneakyPete said: a lot deeper than what I'd expected, but that was perfect :D
- the creepy guy who was speaking nonsensically and punched me in the arm

All in all, a fun-filled night!

JAR

TRIBE Member
s1k said:
good party, hadn't been to footwork since last time fred e was there...it's wierd how little pieces of footwork remind me of the old subdury, like the sound, and colours...and staff.
maybe not so weird considering the same people who ran the old 99 Sudz run da footwerk.

I am so looking forward to having some kinda homecoming/birthday party at FW...anything booked yet for Aug. 18? ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
sugar said:
Some highlights of the night:
- the creepy guy who was speaking nonsensically and punched me in the arm

All in all, a fun-filled night!
Haha, later on I saw that guy get turfed out of the club completely. I still didn't understand what he was saying. LOL

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Really sweet party. Very happy I made it out. The house music was fantastic and I have never seen Footwork so rammed. The guy after FE was playing some real dirty stuff.