• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Frankie Knuckles @ RYZE

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
That was a pretty solid set by him. I haven't heard a proper, good house music set in a long time, and yesterday/this morning cleansed me. Good vibe, good people (except the juice monkeys). I danced hard, I left with a soaking wet t-shirt. I was happy!

JamesM

TRIBE Member
god damn fucking fabulous.

I think he's usurped Stacey Pullen as my all time favorite sets.

The crowd was fucking A+ And the new lighting at Ryze make it happen better than the darker Moskito.

erika

TRIBE Member
What a great party!
My (gay) friend texted me while I was on my way there, saying he was confused because he couldn't tell if it was a gay or straight party, but eventually decided it's like Pride, with straights coming to party with gays :)

I told him to forget about labels: we danced like mad! It was jammed, but good. Good lighting (dark), good sound, good vibe; so much better than when it was Moskito, no invasive security, just guys doing what they had to do at the doors, and very politely so.

There were the odd pockets of shirtless guys with waxed chests and bigger pecs than mine, but there was enough space there to not spend time near them.

Also mad laser-y lights in spots, but also avoidable if you don't like blindness.

And great tunes! I got there about 20 minutes before Frankie came on, and the place was already hopping like mad. And once he came on it went to a whole other level. And everybody happy (not OMG I can't stop chewing my teeth happy, just a good vibe all around).

Best big party I've been to in ages.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
What a great party!
My (gay) friend texted me while I was on my way there, saying he was confused because he couldn't tell if it was a gay or straight party, but eventually decided it's like Pride, with straights coming to party with gays :)

I told him to forget about labels: we danced like mad! It was jammed, but good. Good lighting (dark), good sound, good vibe; so much better than when it was Moskito, no invasive security, just guys doing what they had to do at the doors, and very politely so.

There were the odd pockets of shirtless guys with waxed chests and bigger pecs than mine, but there was enough space there to not spend time near them.

Also mad laser-y lights in spots, but also avoidable if you don't like blindness.

And great tunes! I got there about 20 minutes before Frankie came on, and the place was already hopping like mad. And once he came on it went to a whole other level. And everybody happy (not OMG I can't stop chewing my teeth happy, just a good vibe all around).

really?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kaniz

TRIBE Member
What a great party!

I told him to forget about labels: we danced like mad!
Exactly - shouldn't matter if it's a gay party or not - go out and have fun. I used to have a few friends that would only go out with me if it was a 'gay event', and trying to get them to go to non-gay parties a pain.

Wish I hadn't of forgotten about this - wanted to check it out.

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
Frankie delivered some great proper house music all night long. Was a little disappointed that Tricky Moreira didn't open for the headliner. Loved the location, except for the lighting seems a little dark because it seemed like a row or two of lighting was not working in the club and above the dancefloor. (Probably just a technical issue, that is out of their control)
The sound system was awesome! So crisp and clear. Perfect for 4 hours of the Godfather of House Music.
Hopefully we don't have to wait for years again to see Frankie Knuckles here in a Toronto club again.

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Indeed!

Went to RYZE last night for Sander Kleinenberg. Was VERY pleasantly surprised. Had been in the space once prior when it was still Moskito and really couldn't past the crowd. As RYZE, the vibe was much more open/friendly & the new space layout is pretty awesome. Seems like more concentration on the music & the basics this time around. Best of all - lots of girls as well as boys! & the openers were SUPERB. Hats off the ADDY in particular for having Hot Since 82 playing as the 1st song we heard on entering the room! Highly recommend giving it a try!

JAR

TRIBE Member
anyone who was at this event, I really hope you appreciate that you were at Frankie's last Toronto appearance. I still can't believe I won't see him this summer in the park for Pride...

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

JamesM

TRIBE Member
anyone who was at this event, I really hope you appreciate that you were at Frankie's last Toronto appearance. I still can't believe I won't see him this summer in the park for Pride...
The Guys vibe was so good, your in the booth, and he has your back to you spinning forward, but you get visuals looking at him, that this smiling fellow is all of a sudden staring back at you and smiling. But all the while he hasn't moved.

It's like a a halluiciation.

That's what I'm going to remember.