• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Foundry gigs

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
We went to Bicep. I missed them last time, wasn't gonna sleep again.

They were good, but a bit too much 'techno' for me. I wanted HOUSE all night long. But i did jam out to some great tunes. Only caught the last 10 mins of members only.

Crowd was absolute shit. But i expect that at a Mansion party (Joakim was the same). Coked out fashionistas pushing their way through drink and bathroom lineups. fuck off already, hoe.

no sound in the back was kinda wack. but the front was crispy and clean.

and what's with the riser stage in the middle of the fuckin dancefloor?!? is this The Guv or Pacha?? If yer gonna commit a feng shui error like that, ya might as well put some go-go dancers on it. Instead of OCAD bitches doing blow and standing around.

thanks for the coat check tips on here: she asked if i wanted both coats on one hanger. i said no (in case she wanted to leave before me). she only gives me one ticket. i wait....nothing. "um hello, i said i wanted the nor'faces on seperate hangers...." nothing....really naw?....a bunch of shuffling around, eyes poppin out from molly, and after 5 minutes she figures out what i mean and does it. i carefully watch where she put our coat in the event of a coat check mayhem.

we left before the night ended...went home...then back out to the afterparty (which was better)

sucks that i had to miss Andres, and i'm having a hard time deciding if i go for Al Kent or Recloose next month...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alison87

TRIBE Member
Bahahaha <3

I do appreciate what Mansion is doing, but the crowd review is so spot-on. Though the way i see it, at least OCAD bitchez doing blow have got the money to support a party with decent production values. It clearly ain't gonna be the cranky momma and poppa ravers who piss their cash away on mortgages and childcare, or the crankster younger ravers who wouldn't know a laser beam if it hit them in the face.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Went to my 3rd Mansion / BlkBox event last weekend for DVS1. The place was going off, and DVS1 played very bang-bang fast techno. No complaints. Not sure if I'll be back to the venue for awhile, but we'll see. BOK is coming up ..

djsubrock

TRIBE Promoter
Andres killed it. Disco/Funk/808's and a little bit of house (that maurice fulton track was extra dope). that is how it is done.

to be critical: i thought adonis - no way back mixed with that reggae track was weak (it was like: ok reggae cut with 80's jack, cool - but it wasn't hype - almost too beatnik academic if you know waht i mean???) and the nirvana with that house beat was like ok i can see what you're thinking... but i wouldn't have played that in the club... you know...

i was reviewing april and jams look dry as heck, eh?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mgs

TRIBE Member
Went to my 3rd Mansion / BlkBox event last weekend for DVS1. The place was going off, and DVS1 played very bang-bang fast techno. No complaints. Not sure if I'll be back to the venue for awhile, but we'll see. BOK is coming up ..

DVS1 was an excellent show, good to hear someone tear it up on vinyl for a change. That sound system is thunderous. Jeers to the sound guys for turning it down for the last 20 minutes, the last night of a fest like that should bang until the end.

malcolm33

TRIBE Member
Shit. I wish I caught DVS1. Sounds like just the kind of techno I like.

Anyone know if the sets were recorded at all...?

rentboy

TRIBE Member
We went to Bicep. I missed them last time, wasn't gonna sleep again.

They were good, but a bit too much 'techno' for me. I wanted HOUSE all night long. But i did jam out to some great tunes. Only caught the last 10 mins of members only.

Crowd was absolute shit. But i expect that at a Mansion party (Joakim was the same). Coked out fashionistas pushing their way through drink and bathroom lineups. fuck off already, hoe.

no sound in the back was kinda wack. but the front was crispy and clean.

and what's with the riser stage in the middle of the fuckin dancefloor?!? is this The Guv or Pacha?? If yer gonna commit a feng shui error like that, ya might as well put some go-go dancers on it. Instead of OCAD bitches doing blow and standing around.

thanks for the coat check tips on here: she asked if i wanted both coats on one hanger. i said no (in case she wanted to leave before me). she only gives me one ticket. i wait....nothing. "um hello, i said i wanted the nor'faces on seperate hangers...." nothing....really naw?....a bunch of shuffling around, eyes poppin out from molly, and after 5 minutes she figures out what i mean and does it. i carefully watch where she put our coat in the event of a coat check mayhem.

we left before the night ended...went home...then back out to the afterparty (which was better)

sucks that i had to miss Andres, and i'm having a hard time deciding if i go for Al Kent or Recloose next month...

Great review :)