• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FOUNDATION is nothing like the books at all

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm on the third Asimov book and there are only a few similarities between the books and the TV shows.

After reading Foundation, you can tell where Star Trek NG got the Ferengi character attributes.

I don't know whether I like the books or the TV show better, or neither. Ha!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

praktik

TRIBE Member
Read the books decades ago. Can't even judge if the show is close to them or not LOL

But I liked both for sure.

Looking forward to the finale tomorrow

praktik

TRIBE Member
Wow. Cashed in a replacement credit and got the sony 4k HDR A90J - TV of the year really - and wow - the 4K HDR file for Foundation finale on friday was *incredible* on it.

I was missing out all year - thinking about going back for a rewatch on some fave scenes from the season on other episodes for a lark one day. Great looking show!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am so desperate for Sci Fi TV I had to like it. Wanted more story about the android.

They could have scrapped that Warden plot and just focused on the larger scale political battles and the Cleons.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Wow. Cashed in a replacement credit and got the sony 4k HDR A90J - TV of the year really - and wow - the 4K HDR file for Foundation finale on friday was *incredible* on it.

I was missing out all year - thinking about going back for a rewatch on some fave scenes from the season on other episodes for a lark one day. Great looking show!
I have to give props to Apple for going all in on 4K content.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I really liked Leah Harvey as the Warden. My favourite character for sure. I never read the books but kept reading how they're a lot more mundane in that it's mostly dialogue without a lot of suspense? Ignorance is bliss and even though the tv show isn't as good as GoT or the story line of Dune I still enjoyed it.

Really curious to see if Brother Day survives the genetic impurities and how they'll deal with that, and why tf did the android have to tear her face off?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I really liked Leah Harvey as the Warden. My favourite character for sure. I never read the books but kept reading how they're a lot more mundane in that it's mostly dialogue without a lot of suspense? Ignorance is bliss and even though the tv show isn't as good as GoT or the story line of Dune I still enjoyed it.

Really curious to see if Brother Day survives the genetic impurities and how they'll deal with that, and why tf did the android have to tear her face off?
The books are all dialog. I use the audio recordings of the book to fall asleep.