• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Foster Child Programs???

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
I haven't been on here in a REALLY long time but thought that someone here might be able to help me out a little.

I've decided that I would like to get a foster child but am a little unsure of all the programs that are run and I figured that there must definitely be a few Tribe members that are involved in such things and could point me in the right direction.

I definitely do not want an organization that is in any way affiliated with a religious group and want one that spends as much as possible on the actual child as opposed to advertising and such.

Any recommendations???

Thanks in advance for the help.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Um, I think it's really hard to find a foster child organization that is not religious or that does not advertise, or else how could they get the exposure needed to help children?

Do you mean like sponsoring a child or basically adopting one?

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
No, I mean a foster child. And yes, I understand that they all advertise but what I meant was that as much as possible goes to directly helping the child, as opposed to administration costs and advertising.

For instance, some have 80% of the money you pay go to the child, the rest of admin stuff, while others have 65% or 90% or whatever.

I'm sure that there is at least one or two foster parent organizations out there that are not religious.