• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fort Knox DJ Set [funky beats galore]

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
John Horvath form Fort Knox Five.

bow down....

http://www.deep.hu/audio/fkf.ogg

Tracklist:

thunderball / vaivai [extended mix] (esl)
the fort knox five / bam & bass (fort knox records)
thunderball / the road to benares (esl)
thievery corporation / vivid (esl)
thunderball / stereotronic (esl)
thunderball / pop the trunk [thievery corporation rmx] (esl)
the fort knox five / the brazilian hipster (fort knox records)
the fort knox five / blowing up the spot [ancient astronauts rmx] (fort knox records)
dynamo productions / get it together [the fort knox five rmx] (unique)
thunderball vs. liftoff / welcomme back cooper (esl)
the fort knox five / donne estabas 2 (fort knox records)
the fort knox five / dodge city rockers [all good funk aliance rmx] (fort knox records)
the fort knox five / the big score [ursula 1000 rmx] (fort knox records)
the fort knox five / got the funk (all good funk aliance rmx)
(fort knox records)
afrika bambaataa / got that vibe [the fort knox five rmx] (tommyboy)
thunderball / cobra (esl)
thievery corporation / 38/45 (esl)

DJShagz

TRIBE Member
Someone mentioned in the other thread that KFF are coming to Toronto. What's the low down? DJ set? Live show? (please be live show, please be live show)

Shagz

PS - thanks for posting the mix

DJShagz

TRIBE Member
*.ogg = Ogg Vorbis

It's an open-source (and some say better sounding) digital audio encoding/compression format. Open-source ='s free for developers to implement in their programs, so you'll probably be seeing more of this format around; it's already being used in video games and I see more and more djs releasing OGG files instead of mp3.

Winamp will play the format, but AFAIK there's no Mac platform player that'll handle the format. And if you're into Linux, well, you would never have had to ask this question. ;)

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by DJShagz
Someone mentioned in the other thread that KFF are coming to Toronto. What's the low down? DJ set? Live show? (please be live show, please be live show)

Shagz

PS - thanks for posting the mix
It wont be a live show this time around but if we get a good response that will be something to look forward too. Jon Horvath is the one comin to town. He is incredibly funky and gets bootys shakin across the nation. Guaranteed to be a legendary throwdown. Keep your eyes peeled for details.

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJShagz
AFAIK there's no Mac platform player that'll handle the format.
plenty of players and other tools for Ogg on Mac can be found here

and here's a page about installing a plugin for Ogg in iTunes. :)

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I used winamp to convert to wav then razorlame to mp3. probably not the best way to keep the quality but it only took a couple minutes.

Beatsjunkie

TRIBE Member
Loving this set - love the funk! BTW, I used auditon on my mac and then it Toasted up just fine for the car & home stereo.

skotdub

TRIBE Member
Love these guys!
The Stanton Warriors and they are headlining Shambhala this year too. Should be an amazing party.

I've got the FKF track 'Brazilian Hipster' on my Movin' 3 mix here

It's definitely a stand out

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Hi. I just grabbed your ogg-vorbis file and noticed it opened and plays back great on this free open-source audio mixer called Audacity that I have.
PS. I have a recent model Mac. So those stuck with ogg playback problems should just go grab this free thing. It plays back ogg files, and you get a free audio-editting tool/remixer to boot. Not a bad deal that. PS: So far so groovy. :)

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
This party is gonna be Insane. Different than the events that usually hit toronto. Its gonna be FUNK-FANTASTIC. One for all the true heads. Costumes Highly encouraged with a massive FUNK theme. Look for the official press release by the end of the week.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Polymorph
Hi. I just grabbed your ogg-vorbis file and noticed it opened and plays back great on this free open-source audio mixer called Audacity that I have.
PS. I have a recent model Mac. So those stuck with ogg playback problems should just go grab this free thing. It plays back ogg files, and you get a free audio-editting tool/remixer to boot. Not a bad deal that. PS: So far so groovy. :)
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Here you go. Cool free stuff. Plays this back great.
Why have less when you can settle for more?:)

PS: still funky...