• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

for UNDERWORLD fans

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I tried so hard to get Club 69 tickets. A friend of mine even e-mailed Underworld's tour manager asking if I could go. But it wasn't meant to be :(

Can't complain though, saw Underworld twice in a week (25/03 London Roundhouse and 30/03 Brussels Koninklijk Circus). I should get around to writing a review and posting some pics!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Club 69 is something special - it's not really a club... the radio station Studio Brussel gets bands to do concerts there for 69 listeners who each win a pair of tickets (so 138 guests). They've had some big names play there over the years.

The Greatest Switch (normal Friday night show that Karl guest hosted a couple weeks ago) is on now, they're talking about the gig, playing tracks that Karl chose when he hosted, chatting with people who were just in the show, playing Underworld tracks...

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Underworld will be performing live in the KCRW studio and chatting with Jason Bentley on his Morning Becomes Eclectic show today (Tuesday 12th) at 11:15am PDT ( 2:15 EST ).
Underworld

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Underworld live stream tomorrow from a special gig at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam!
3pm-5pm Toronto time on Underworld's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/underworldlive

The world-renowned museum's Bicycle Passage will once again be turned into a temporary club on ADE's Friday.

After recent announcements on ADE Sound Lab and ADE Dance & Brands, it is time for exciting news for a one-off show in the city centre.

On ADE's Friday, a unique performance by one of electronic music’s legendary acts, Underworld will take place in the world-renowned Rijksmuseum. In this one-off free event, orchestrated by Audio Obscura, the museum’s iconic Bicycle Passage will provide the backdrop for the band’s live show.

This will be a rare opportunity to see the group up close and personal as the space is transformed into an intimate club venue, playing host to a limited crowd of music lovers. Following on from last year’s ADE event in the same space, the show provides a platform for the museum to engage with new and exciting audiences, enabled by Audio Obscura’s mission of bringing dance music artists to historic and cultural venues.

In addition, Underworld will present a keynote talk at this year’s ADE. This will be a chance to hear the band’s Rick Smith and Karl Hyde in conversation, as they explore the importance and power of partnership and co-production in the development and presentation of projects grand and intimate in the 21st century. The talk will be accompanied by visuals curated by one of Underworld’s closest partners, tomato’s Simon Taylor.

Audio Obscura x Rijksmuseum present: Underworld (Live)
Underworld
| Friday October 20, 7pm – 11pm, Rijksmuseum Bicycle Passage.

The event is free of charge, and capacity is strictly limited. Subscription is possible by registering as a group of 2 to 4 people. To register for tickets, head over to underworld.audio-obscura.com.

More information on the keynote can be found in the conference program. This keynote is accesible for ADE Pass and ADE Conference Pass holders, which can be bought here.
I'll wave :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Well, that was pretty dope. Lots of newish interpretations of songs, way more improv from Rick, and pretty awesome transitions between songs i've never heard before.
The last little bit of Born Slippy when Karl had those white lights cutting through him barely looked real. Surreal.

US tour ?

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
That. Was. Epic.

Especially for a night that nearly didn't happen. We entered the ticket lottery but didn't win, and only a couple of our friends won. But then the ticket and guestlist gods smiled upon our group, and everything suddenly fell into place on Thursday.

We made it into Amsterdam with just enough time to grab a drink with friends we know through Orbital and Underworld. As we drove past the Rijksmuseum we could hear Underworld soundchecking, and I had a feeling that we were in for a good night.

After a drink or two we decided that it was time to head over to the Rijksmuseum, since the mail that came with the tickets said the doors would only be open between 7-8pm. We arrived to find a large crowd waiting outside, nobody seemed to be getting in. It wasn't clear where the people on the guestlist had to go in, so our group split into two, making plans to meet up inside (front left, as always).

Tom Ravenscroft was playing when we got in, same concept as what Rick had played before the Tivoli (Utrecht) and Alexandra Palace gigs earlier this year. We fought our way to a spot in front of Rick, 5-10 people back, everyone packed in there like sardines.

Since there was a ticket lottery and it was a sponsored event, I think a lot of people were just there looking for a night out, not because they were huge Underworld fans. Lots of people talking over the music (which is pretty typical around here), smoking, not so much dancing. Beer was being sold in metal bottles, which led to hazardous dancing conditions as the evening wore on and the empty bottles started piling up on the floor. Thankfully, the sound was surprisingly good where we were standing, especially considering that we were in a passageway under a museum!

In the end, though, the organizational issues weren't bad enough to spoil the night. Underworld played a great set, both Rick and Karl seemed to be having a great time (I love seeing Rick singing along from behind his desk), the lighting looked great, and I danced until everything hurt, surrounded by friends.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Underworld will play the Movement festival in Detroit in May 23rd, closest gig in years for most of you! (Paging ndrwrld...)
I’ve been lucky enough to see their latest show 3 times and it’s the best they’ve been in years!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Underworld will play the Movement festival in Detroit in May 23rd, closest gig in years for most of you! (Paging ndrwrld...)
I’ve been lucky enough to see their latest show 3 times and it’s the best they’ve been in years!
No Way i'm getting into the States.
Fingers Crossed.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories