• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

For those who follow 9/11 and OIL

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
New material on fromthewilderness.com [new to me anyways]

IN YOUR FACE

- Connections between Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force, 9/11 and Peak Oil “On the Table”

- July '04 Supreme Court Ruling on Secrecy, Task Force Documents Obtained through FOIA Suit on Collision Course as Cheney “Duck Hunts” with Scalia

- The Reason Why Activists of All Stripes are Ineffective

by

Michael C. Ruppert

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/013004_in_your_face.html

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this, it is a very big topic, and one that consumes a great deal of my thought process from day to day, I know several of you have been reading FTW for some time.

I am still utterly amazed at how all of this information is available to us, the viewing public yet recieves no big headlines in the media from day to day (actually I'm not that amazed whatsoever).

odbx

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
But there is a deeper part of human nature which covers the planet in a sickly, light-sweet-crude blanket of denial. It is best exemplified from the closing lines of Sidney Pollack's 1975 Three Days of the Condor, perhaps the best spy movie ever made. As FTW has shown in recent stories – using declassified CIA documents – the CIA was well aware of Peak Oil in the mid 1970s. Three Days of the Condor took that awful truth and said then, what few in the post-9/11 world have had the courage to say. I can guarantee you that it is the overriding rationale in Dick Cheney's mind, in the mind of every senior member of the Bush administration, and in the mind of whomever it is that will be chosen as the 2004 Democratic Party nominee. Getting rid of Bush will not address the underlying causative factors of energy and money and any solution that does not address those issues will prove futile.

Turner (Robert Redford): "Do we have plans to invade the Middle East ?"

Higgins (Cliff Robertson): " Are you crazy?"

Turner: " Am I?"

Higgins: "Look, Turner…"

Turner: "Do we have plans?"

Higgins: "No. Absolutely not. We have games. That's all. We play games. What if? How many men? What would it take? Is there a cheaper way to destabilize a régime? That's what we're paid to do."

Turner: "Go on. So Atwood just took the game too seriously. He was really going to do it, wasn't he?”

Higgins: "It was a renegade operation. Atwood knew 54-12 would never authorize it. There was no way, not with the heat on the Company.”

Turner: "What if there hadn't been any heat? Supposing I hadn't stumbled on a plan? Say nobody had?"

Higgins: "Different ball game. The fact is there was nothing wrong with the plan. Oh, the plan was alright. The plan would have worked."

Turner: "Boy, what is it with you people? You think not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth?"

Higgins: "No. It's simple economics. Today it's oil, right? In 10 or 15 years - food, Plutonium. And maybe even sooner. Now what do you think the people are gonna want us to do then?

Turner : " Ask them."

Higgins: "Not now - then. Ask them when they're running out. Ask them when there's no heat in their homes and they're cold. Ask them when their engines stop. Ask them when people who've never known hunger start going hungry. Do you want to know something? They won't want us to ask them. They'll just want us to get it for them."

awesome.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Anyone ever seen the movie?

I completely agree on the elementary part BH, but the lack of response either means :

today is friday

OR

no one gives a rats ass about this anymore

OR

you've already talked this stuff dead in the water and everyone seems to agree (Ditto much nothing to say on this?)

hoping for more response next week.
odbx

OTIS

TRIBE Member
a bit of all of the above methinks..

Check out Ruppert's contribution in the audio series of The End Of The Age Of Oil on www.radio4all.net. He elaborates allot more on the bigger problem inherent in our oil consumption -beyond Bush.

I posted direct links somewhile ago on this board.. you can probably find them with a search.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Perfect! Thanks Otis. Its much easier to lie down and listen than it is to sit up and read..

odbx - learning the lazy way..

OTIS

TRIBE Member
For me, I just load my MP3 player up and listen to all that stuff while on the go, or at work.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
^^^ From that article:

Coal-burning could easily make up the shortfall. But burning coal would be even worse for the planet, as it would create even more CO2, he said.

Predictions of global meltdown by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) sparked the 1997 Kyoto Protocol, an agreement obliging signatory nations to cut CO2 emissions.

The IPCC examined a range of future scenarios, from profligate burning of fossil-fuels to a fast transition towards greener energy sources.

and:

"We estimate that climate change may already be causing in the region of 160,000 deaths... a year," Andrew Haines of the UK's London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine said. (Full story)

Most deaths would be in developing nations in Africa, Latin America and Southeast Asia, says Haines. These regions would be worst hit by the spread of malnutrition, diarrhea and malaria as a result of warmer temperatures, droughts and floods.

I love the tie-in. It's like, "hey, once the oil runs out, we're gonna have to use coal, and then TONS of people are gonna die!"

Fear factoring. It's so effective.

The "other side" of the oil debate (in terms of how much we have left) isn't debated too heavily. My girlfriend's father is a geologist who works primarily with oil companies and fossil fuel resources. His understanding of the estimates are about what that article is quoting.

As for the cute little tie-in with "global warming", there's definitely another side to the debate, it just isn't as "cool" to be there. ;)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
My girlfriend's father is a geologist who works primarily with oil companies and fossil fuel resources. His understanding of the estimates are about what that article is quoting.

I value the idea of getting all sides.. which is why I like the end of the age of oil audio series above.. it's like 5 hours long and gets points in from all sides.. including a head geologist specializing in petroleum surveying.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I just rented that movie and watched it. Very interesting stuff. It amazes me how edgy film used to be.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
I just rented that movie and watched it. Very interesting stuff. It amazes me how edgy film used to be.

I watched it simply because it looked interesting and was amazed at the context.