• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

for the poker tribers

StarvingWriter

TRIBE Member
Ya, okay, so the ace is upside down...hadn't realized it until recently..it's because I'm left handed, I always hold my cards upside down initially...oh well.

A few things in the article were taken out of context, but it still gets the point across.

from what I understand, this issue is supposed to be in just about every Chapters across Canada, but I have yet to see it in K-W...someone let me know if you see it on the shelves?

article here: http://www.canadianpokerplayer.com/feature.html

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AshG

don't even know who you are, but i'm going to chapters today, so i'll mos def have a look.

i love poker, even though i have no idea how to play!

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Very cool man. I may be ordering some new chips from you in the very near future as my friends and I totally have the poker bug.

AshG

btw - chapter's is pretty lame with their consistency in stocking certain magazine titles.
some stores will have it regularly, some not at all.
weird but true.

StarvingWriter

TRIBE Member
thanks guys. We really need to organize a Tribe poker tourny.

heck, I know enough players now that I actually want to put the idea out there of putting together a WPT satellite game.

40 players, $300 entry fee...winner goes to WPT...obviously the more players, the less the fee.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

StarvingWriter

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurch
Good work :) Any advice for my trip to vegas next week?

A buddy of mine just got back from the Bellagio..

They have a 1-2 NL game with a max/minimum $100 buyin which is very awesome...you can build a huge stack, and when you bust someone, they can only buy in for another $100. He made $3100 in 4 days @ that game.

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by StarvingWriter

heck, I know enough players now that I actually want to put the idea out there of putting together a WPT satellite game.

40 players, $300 entry fee...winner goes to WPT...obviously the more players, the less the fee.
I am in!

vinder

TRIBE Member
love poker, but not enough to drop a lot of money on a game. we've been trying to get a poker night going, but not enough interest, YET.

congrats on your business though, that's really wicked.

StarvingWriter

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Liquidity
wow, that rocks!

so should you play aggressively, bullying others, or passively, and sneak up on people?

That's tough to answer without knowing the other players a little first, adjusting is important.

If you're playing rocks, then you want to loosen up a bit on your starting hand requirements.

If you're playing loose fish, it's a totally different strategy (namely I don't bet into very agressive players, I wait for them to make the wrong bet into me, then pop them)

but I don't want to give too much away..I look at all of you as potential enemies at the table :)

joey

TRIBE Member
That's tough to answer without knowing the other players a little first, adjusting is important.
totally, at every table you play at your style should be adapted to what the others are doing

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

juice

TRIBE Member
Hmm I had no idea there was a magazine, I'm going to pick it up the next time I'm at Chapters.

I host a bi weekly poker game at my house and it's always good times. It's such an interesting and fun game on so many levels.

HiShyGuy

TRIBE Member

so in, my poker circle would also be in (5 or so guys) ... willing to host if need be ... 1000 sq ft. loft ...

poker kicks a55

ps. congrats on the biz, go canada!!!!