• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

For the Cyclists in Tribeland.

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
Personally, I'm too scared to wear headphones when I ride. I've had too many close calls without them on.

Speaking of riding...
I'm going for a ride tonight. Anyone would like to join in? I'll probably leave around 5:30ish and cruise along the lakeshore.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Not yet, although the sign says may '07 so theoretically it should be soon.

FWIW, I'm assuming you mean southbound, and at river/cherry.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
I ride with my ipod, but not on roads I'm sharing with motorists. On the road, I definitely don't want my hearing impaired in any way, especially with the number of bone-heads that drive the streets of this city.

I could be wrong, but it may be illegal to ride on public streets with headphones in any event.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
eLeKTRon said:
I ride with my ipod, but not on roads I'm sharing with motorists. On the road, I definitely don't want my hearing impaired in any way,

Try using Slipstreamz. Invented by a South African dude, I find they work great! You can use them on their own like i do (they cut down on wind noise) or plug your mp3 player earpieces into them - it keeps them away from your ears so you can hear traffic too.

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
^^ sounds like a useful product, especially for cutting down on wind noise. I find as I turn the volume up to drown out the wind, the level is probably approaching hearing damage zone.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
MARCin said:
Seeing how we're on the topic, which shoes/pedals would you guys recommend for XC?

I swear by Speedplay frogs. IF you are ok with 15 degrees of float, you won't find a better pedal imo. Never gets clogged with mud, lightweight and super easy to get in/out of.

Shoes....I have specialized teams, but it all comes down to fit.

jungalissa

TRIBE Member
It was perfect weather for a ride today and I am now suffering from it. My legs tell me I rode exactly 1 million miles:) I'm sure by tomorrow they will be telling me more.

swenard

TRIBE Member
All of you "cyclists" AKA "road blocks" who like to ride in the country taking up the whole road; you're on notice...

:)

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
swenard said:
All of you "cyclists" AKA "road blocks" who like to ride in the country taking up the whole road; you're on notice...

:)

notice to what? I've as much right as you to be on the road.

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
I'm curious.
What does the law say about where cyclists should be on a 2 lane road (1 lane in each direction)
I try and stay as far to the right as possible, but when there is a gravel shoulder, I'm usually about 2 feet out. When cars pass me, some get really close and make me a bit nervous, and others are just pricks that seem like they're really trying to run me down.
So where are cyclist suppose to be?

swenard

TRIBE Member
Astroboy said:
notice to what? I've as much right as you to be on the road.

Exactly! Which is why the idiots who like to cover the entire road, are on notice that I will continue to throw my coffee on them, if they continue to block my way.

As for considerate cyclists who ride to one side, they can continue with my blessing.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
If you're on my ass being a jerk, i'll ride in the middle of the road for days. You deserve to wait.

Patrick, on a 2 lane, 4 lane, whatever lane road, we have as much right to an ENTIRE lane as ANY car.
We are a VEHICLE under the law, and as such can ride on any road other than 400 series highways.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
btw, if i get your plate number after you throw coffee on me, you'll go to jail for assault with a weapon, so please, keep it up!