• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

For the Cyclists in Tribeland.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
All the ones I post are mine. If you guys want more eye candy I have plenty of custy builds that are beats as well

eddie

TRIBE Member

My carbon beast 2013 tarmac sl4 sworks. I blacked out the bike to get rid of the white logos. Not a fan of the nascar look.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Cri

TRIBE Member
I'm taking my brand new Yeti SB-95 for its maiden ride today! Fucking Stoked!
That sounds amazing! Beautiful bike! Was it fun?

Is the bike sort of like the newer version of the ASR 5 with 29 inch wheels?

I have an ASR 5 and love it!!

I am thinking of buying the ARC carbon in the spring!! I am wayyy too excited about it. It comes in 27.5 inch wheels for the size small. Sounds awesome…but I won't be able to test ride it at all :(

The hubby wants me to get a Norco Revolver because he can get a much better deal on it. But I think I have my heart set on the Yeti ARC.

Any advice?

xopus

TRIBE Member
its a different suspension design than the Asr.
The bike is rad. I still need to get the suspension totally dialed, but for a first ride, it felt pretty good. (aside from the non tubeless tires, which is going to change this week)

the arc carbon is super sexy. i bet it rides great. I've never spent time on it, or the norco though, but at this point 29 hard tails are so dialed, that everyone has a bike that will ride well.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I see the charm in that for my cummuter. I stopped riding for the year as it is dark and cold now after work. I don't want to pile on the layers only to sweat and have to take stuff off and lug it around. Too much stuff to carry!

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
my riding gear is pretty light considering, although i want some new thermals and leggings, i haven't been riding as much as i should be lately.

and i don't get too sweaty as per the distance to work, but i would only get this if i was commuting 20km+ a day and wanted to add speed and efficiency and help up hills for maintaining a consistent speed etc.

i would also add it to a main commuter, and then have that plus my fixie, and mountain bike.

i need MOAR BIKES

lucky1

TRIBE Member
My ride one way is just over 15km so it's hard to avoid getting a little bit sweaty without riding very slow and gettting to work late. Add in some headwind from riding west beside the lake, and it becomes a not so enjoyable experience when the weather turns icky.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
What's so ground breaking about a power assist rear wheel? They've been around for ages. I see.....its powered by an iphone :p
its built into a decent durable wheel that has GPS, controlled and locked with iphone, android etc. charge times et all make it a very nice offering compared to many of the electric wheel offerings on other bikes and the ability to fit MOST bikes on the market by swapping it out like you would a normal wheel.

It's like the bike lock that opens and locks via iphone. Damn keys are so annoying to carry around :p
there is another lock on kick starter that is pretty neat, is this the one you were talking about?

Urban Planet: No key? No problem with the BitLock bike lock | Spacing National

this is cool because it allows multiple profiles to use it via sharing set up. interesting concept.

Look into the Bionics kit. Manufactured by Magna. So warranty and replacement parts are actually accessible.
i will do so !

spaboy

TRIBE Member
The wheel has built in gps? Or it uses the phones? Lots of people use their smart phone for maps. Downside is the battery life.

Werre really behind here in North America in regards to electric/pedal assist bikes. They're tough sells. The technology needs to come down a bit in price and weight. HEAVY!!!

I pre-ordered these. Looking forward to getting them in march

Buy Recon Jet Heads up Display glasses with dual core processor, Wi Fi, ANT+, Bluetooth, GPS, HD camera, and a comprehensive suite of sensors.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
The wheel has built in gps? Or it uses the phones? Lots of people use their smart phone for maps. Downside is the battery life.

Werre really behind here in North America in regards to electric/pedal assist bikes. They're tough sells. The technology needs to come down a bit in price and weight. HEAVY!!!

I pre-ordered these. Looking forward to getting them in march

Buy Recon Jet Heads up Display glasses with dual core processor, Wi Fi, ANT+, Bluetooth, GPS, HD camera, and a comprehensive suite of sensors.
the wheel has built in GPS, and locks so that you can literally lock and go from your phone, i would personally never do this but it's a cute feature for say bike messengers who don't lock them up outside of the places they deliver to.

as well the App allows you to track the wheel with your phone and find out where its located if its been stolen, thus helping theives get caught as its doubtful they will be aware of the GPS enough to remove the wheel.

yes were are definitely behind, the cost on this is really not that much though( 600$ ) , and i don't know about the weight, but im pretty sure the motor assist would make up for that.

its one of the better offerings that currently exist IMO.

how much did you pay for those glasses?

i saw them about a month ago i think and they look pretty amazing, they were being compared to Google Glass offering that is coming out in the near future.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
They were pre-selling for $600 which is reasonable considering how much hardware is in them. They gave me a $100 coupon code cause I'm industry. Turns out the owner of my shop kinda knows the Recon guys otherwise I wouldn't have got that rebate.

So $500.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
They were pre-selling for $600 which is reasonable considering how much hardware is in them. They gave me a $100 coupon code cause I'm industry. Turns out the owner of my shop kinda knows the Recon guys otherwise I wouldn't have got that rebate.

So $500.
nice, i would love to see them in action !

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The Pearl izumi ninja cycling mask thing I got at MEC was the best money I ever spent!