• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

For the Cyclists in Tribeland.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I haven't been in years but there's usually deals to be had. Early is good for the "doorcrashers" but at the end of the day when they want to pack up less bikes on the truck you can score a good deal too

spaboy

TRIBE Member
You'll find some bikes. Don't expect too many fenders or racks though. Not a big show for that kind of stuff. Clothing is always killer pricing.

Fuck that 14 hour day :)

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Not in fit!

Everybody who has fit issues finds out in a hurry when they get static on a trainer. Leading up to Christmas my fit dance card is quite busy. I don't do "comp" fits anymore though which is nice. I have new minions for that :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

spaboy

TRIBE Member
And fuck MEC. No wonder Raceface went tits up again.

I'm trying to get that new 1x ring they make and MEC says they can't get it but they're the only people who carry it now. It also took 20mins to explain what a 1x is. *face palm*

And you wonder why you're not selling your ghosts

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

spaboy

TRIBE Member
New project almost complete! I'm truly in love with this build

2013 Rabobank Defy advanced SL. Last of the rabo bikes
Duraace 9000
Reynolds 46s on King R45s
14.6 with pedals. 60cm

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
man next spring im building something fun and fast like that.

not quite as 'superb' hahahaha, but if you wouldnt mind me picking your brain say march, i would love some input.

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Just got back to Toronto this past Sunday after an epic charity relay to Austin Texas from Oakville, ON. Had a blast, came within 6 inches of dying and pushed my body harder than I have in a long time. Ohio is brutal, 1800m of elevation in 100km. Did this all on a 1996 Cannondale R800 with current Shimano 105 drive train.

Now that that's done, I want to do some trail riding.

Thoughts on a 2010 Trek 6000? Is $500 a good deal? 18.5in frame be good for a guy 5'7"? I feel like I'm between frame sizes.

HC_P

TRIBE Member
Just got back to Toronto this past Sunday after an epic charity relay to Austin Texas from Oakville, ON. Had a blast, came within 6 inches of dying and pushed my body harder than I have in a long time. Ohio is brutal, 1800m of elevation in 100km. Did this all on a 1996 Cannondale R800 with current Shimano 105 drive train.

Now that that's done, I want to do some trail riding.

Thoughts on a 2010 Trek 6000? Is $500 a good deal? 18.5in frame be good for a guy 5'7"? I feel like I'm between frame sizes.
I'm not a bike fitter, but a 18.5 sounds like it'll be too big. You'll probably be stretched out more than you want for trail riding.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
My wife and I tend to ride up north in cottage country more so than in Toronto. Because of all the bugs going north in the summer and the hours spent wiping them off, I decided to pick up a set of these from MEC. Cheap and very useful for roof racking your bike.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I tend to ride up north in cottage country more so than in Toronto. Because of all the bugs going north in the summer and the hours spent wiping them off, I decided to pick up a set of these from MEC. Cheap and very useful for roof racking your bike.

A bike bra!

eddie

TRIBE Member
New project almost complete! I'm truly in love with this build

2013 Rabobank Defy advanced SL. Last of the rabo bikes
Duraace 9000
Reynolds 46s on King R45s
14.6 with pedals. 60cm

Beaut of a bike but get rid of those stickers off the wheels or black them out.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories