• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

For the Cyclists in Tribeland.

thom100

TRIBE Member
It is actually mostly original components.
With the exceptions of a set of
-Schwalbe cream Fat Franks tires
-Brooks, Flyer Special saddle
-not 100% sure on the brand for the grips, but they are wooden barrels.

As mentioned it as 1983 Specialized Stump Jumer, the first ever massed produced mountain bike, in its second year.

This was my first attempt at this style:

which sadly got kicked-in by a crack head for no good reason.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Bamboo Frame is ready for Clear Coat Apoxy !!!! assembly after it dries, i could be riding it by this weekend !!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so fucking excited. YEW !

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Had my first close encounter with a car the other day, it could have been incredibly bad. Basically I was about 40-50 meters from an intersection with a green light ahead of me. About 10 meters from the corner there was a driveway coming out of a plaza and a car approached it. I thought to myself "There is no way this guy is going to pull out is there?" Sure enough, he pulls out right in front of me. It wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't decide that he was also taking a right hand turn at the light. So he essentially did a very slow 180 right in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and my bike started to slide sideways which resulted in me sliding straight into his car. Of course, the guy just drove away like it never happened.

Last edited:

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Welcome to riding in Toronto. You pretty much have to always be expecting something will fall out of the sky on top of you and you'll be good.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Adding a front brake to it in the next day or two, i didnt use them much when i was riding and it will be fun to cruise and ride less aggressively till i install it.

plus i need to take it to a shop to get the correct diameter for the fastening portion of the brake lever for my bullhorns.

Still need to chop 4-5 cm off the seat post when i get home, its too tall.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
dont need to drop the seat at all, MAYBE half inch to an inch TOPS, buts its comfy right now.

riding it without brakes is awesome, and WOW is it ever a smooth ride. so much vibration absorbtion ! time for a ride across town ! Yew Sunlight and new ride.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I've start riding to paddling practice starting today every sunday. I live mid-town and practice is down by lakeshore/leslie. I don't ride home bc after practice i'm exhausted.. I just ride to the subway.. so I rode to King station.. and now i'm just getting ready to ride out to pickering :)

yay for beautiful sunday long weekends! woooooo

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders