• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

for robert rodriguez and quentin tarentino fans...

kyfe

TRIBE Member
nice but I don't think either director is capable of making a good horror movie
but I know they'll make a gorefest out of it

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
nice but I don't think either director is capable of making a good horror movie
but I know they'll make a gorefest out of it
i think they're totally capable of it... should be an absolute horrorfest... they're both such insane directors.... rodriguez brought sin city to life so beautifully...

kyfe

TRIBE Member
synchronizator said:
i think they're totally capable of it... should be an absolute horrorfest... they're both such insane directors.... rodriguez brought sin city to life so beautifully...
I'm not doubting their directing capabilities because i really enjoy both their films, but even hostel which Tarantino was involved with was not the horror movies they claimed it would be.

Gore and horror are 2 different genres which i find alot of people get confused by both directors create great gore but neither is very good at creating the buildup or suspense required to to define a classic horror movie.

either way I know it'll be a great movie but I wouldn't expect it to scare the shit out of me is all I'm saying

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Tarantino only produced Hostel.....written and directed by Eli Roth.....

He also did "Cabin Fever" which I thought was ass....

I'm excited about Grind House though!

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Tarantino only produced Hostel.....written and directed by Eli Roth.....

He also did "Cabin Fever" which I thought was ass....

I'm excited about Grind House though!
my bad. it said that he "presented it" in his credits page... weird.

Last edited:

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Yeah....same thing when he "brought" Iron Monkey to North America.

He basically put up the money for it....and attached his name.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
synchronizator said:
lol

yep, he imitated a 2 dimensional comic perfectly.

Grindhouse's cast for Robert Rodriguez looks pretty intriguing and the idea of it being a zombie film (it is, after all titled "Zombie Planet") sounds like he might put something into the genre (and hopefully more than a just tribute/spin off to the genre, like how From Dusk Til Dawn was to Evil Dead but with a Vampire twist).

"Death Proof" sounds intriguing just by the title alone, and as I fan of Tarantino, I highly doubt he'll disappoint.

Looking forward to the fake trailers in between the two stories. I've heard rumours that they're trying to get Chuck Norris to do one of the trailers.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Looks pretty good, I get annoyed that the two of them use the same 5 actors in every movie

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
This is the first I have heard of this, but I am really excited for it. I love both those directors.