• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Footwork Tuesdays: What the hell happened???

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been out to Nasa on a Tuesday night lately???

I used to go there almost every week a few years ago, and Fase always used to start the night out a little low-key with some hip-hop and funk... And then CRANNNNNNNNNNK up the tempo later in the evening with wicked ass tunes...

I went last night and all I heard was mediocre hip-hops and spent half my night wading through hoop earrings, trucker hats, and winter jackets with fur lined hoods...

Dissappointed, to say the least.

The place used to be much more like Fressen on a Sunday. I think I had to struggle to see TWO people smiling last night.

Bollocks.

Any opinions or info on this?

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Hey JESuX, what did yah expect? your description of the crowd sounds exactly like it has been for the last year or so that i've been going...queen st. hip hop crowds...

well either way, this Tuesday probably sucked b/c its January and people aren't really partying that hard...

maddog

TRIBE Member
I was hittin that in the summer and the crowd was ok, i feel like in the last little while its gotten pretty bad. I have no probs with the ladies wearing the faux fur hoods but dude's rockin that shit just gets on my nerves, i think due to the fact that I see soooo many of em rockin it.Fase hasn't been as dope as can be because he is catering to a young crowd and i mean young!!!! underage bitches represent there:p If u wanna catch Fase in his element check him at Alto Basso for Love Movement Mondays..........

roojew

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
who gives a shit about the crowd!!...if the beats are bangin' that's why you should be there
James, that's what I meant, man. The beats were severley lacking.

I started going there literally years ago... Four maybe? Three?

It was a completely different sound. Admittedly, Fase was dropping mostly the same funk tracks every week... But there's something about "I can't stand the rain" that never gets old.

Last Tuesday, the tunes just seemed to be "stuck" in this rutt of mediocrity... The tempo never went up, and it was all the same monotonous stuff. He didn't drop anything even remotely funky.

How can a night like this live up to it's name if it's not even danceable?

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
James, that's what I meant, man. The beats were severley lacking.

I started going there literally years ago... Four maybe? Three?

It was a completely different sound. Admittedly, Fase was dropping mostly the same funk tracks every week... But there's something about "I can't stand the rain" that never gets old.

Last Tuesday, the tunes just seemed to be "stuck" in this rutt of mediocrity... The tempo never went up, and it was all the same monotonous stuff. He didn't drop anything even remotely funky.

How can a night like this live up to it's name if it's not even danceable?
I wasn't referring to your post, I KNOW your in it for the tunes...we def. need a indie/somewhat underground night for hip hop...freestyle sessions,scratch routines,some MF!! :D ...apparently a rarity in TO.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by maddog
underage bitches represent there:p

haha,

i have totally noticed this trend there in the last couple of times i hit up this night.

so true..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez
LOL, footwork tuesday is where it's at for the "13 and GOOD!" crowd...

soooo many fake ID's there....

destro
haha. I remember going there back when I was underage, seemed good to me. But yeah as other people said, fur hoods and wack dutch mesh hats is where it seems to be at, so why don't you start sporting that cowboy hat of yours more often?

I liked the adidas campaign they had several years back though.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by miss riot
haha. I remember going there back when I was underage, seemed good to me. But yeah as other people said, fur hoods and wack dutch mesh hats is where it seems to be at, so why don't you start sporting that cowboy hat of yours more often?

I liked the adidas campaign they had several years back though.
The cowboy hat will be rockin' it up at Nasa sometime soon. Even if I'm not there. That hat has a mind of it's own, for real. :p

(Just ask James, I think it might have molested him on the couch when he passed out one time.)

On a more serious note.... I just wish they'd bring back the funk and soul... Seems the absence of those tunes sucked the soul out of that night. (No pun intended)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Nasa has gone DOWNHILL in the last year or so. Well not NASA, just Tuesdays. It's gone to blingy and I think its too late to turn back, the crowd that comes out, goes there to hear the bling. Not the funk, not the soul.

Don't turn back, stick with fressen for now, cant beat that vibe.