• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

foodies on tribe : where to go for ...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Restaurant that has good fish, known for quality;

Specifically looking for Alaskan codfish and wild salmon.

Prepared well, nice sit down for dinner, relatives visiting from out of town.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Chiado has incredible fish, but it's freaking pricey.

Joso's weirds me out because of all the boobs. but maybe your relatives are into that kind of thing.

erika

TRIBE Member
Yes, Chiado is very old school. The food overall is nothing to write home about, but the fish is impeccable. As to whether you will get wild salmon there, that's really a question of season if you want it fresh.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Cool,

so far we have been recommended

- Joso's
- Chiado
- Pearla
- Lisbon by night
- Catch
- Rock Lobster
- Hopliners

So we will do some calling around and ask a few questions to determine the best place for us :)

Thanks for all the input everyone !

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
where all all the boobs? are the serving staff topless !!!!??!?!?!

hahahaha

or is it lots of Statuesque Boobies displayed throughout the restaurant?

Vise

TRIBE Member
Hopliners
Assume this is supposed to be Hopgood's Foodliner. You could also add Starfish to that list, had a number of nice fish courses there over the years.

One other recommendation, we had a killer meal at The Chase Fish & Oyster a few months ago. Everything we ate was fantastic, definitely a top notch place for seafood/fish. Plus the room/space is very nice too... The Chase (their other higher end restaurant upstairs) is high on our list of places to check out soon.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Best piece of fish I've had in Toronto was a few bites of the Gfs at harbour 60 one night. It was unreal. Better than my steak by about 300%.

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
the chinese seafood restaurants on baldwin at one time were really good, I don't know if that's still the case, fish/lobster/crabs usually killed to order (but almost certainly would not have salmon!)

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Is this an open thread for suggestions? I hope so cause I'd like to know where to get the best Korean in the city. A friend just moved back after living 2 1/2 years in Korea and wants to know where to get the good stuff. Thanks!

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Is this an open thread for suggestions? I hope so cause I'd like to know where to get the best Korean in the city. A friend just moved back after living 2 1/2 years in Korea and wants to know where to get the good stuff. Thanks!
In terms of quality and price, this is the good shit :

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=bloor...=H1pHst3TFj1JOKgjbxFbKg&cbp=12,353.69,,1,0.02

I don't even know the name, because it's in korean. It's mostly only korean people that go, and for 20-30$ you can get enough food for 3-4 people with 4 beers or a bottle of soju. Great combos

Right near the corner of Bloor & Clinton, beside owl of Minerva (also good, has a fantastic pork bone soup)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
the problem with that thread is the inability to quickly find a good recommendation as its a massive thread.

i looked there first and gave up.

this allows for MANY recommendations to be viewed quickly, with a relatively small amount of content, to quickly acquire, or ask questions specific to what you are looking for rather than just anecdotal experiences about a bunch of places that dont fit the criteria.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders