• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Food poisoning at the CNE in Toronto

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
The body can't possibly absorb 7500 calories in one sitting...can it???? LOL

That's what i was thinking. What's the termal requirements to process that much food? Can you burn 1/4 of it just in your body trying to digest it?

but man, with that much fat, i'm guessing you'll be shitting grease for a day or two.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^^^

If Epic reopens I may go to the CNE just to eat one. I would like to see exactly how "ill" everyone was, I bet some were milking it to be bitches or something else I don't care.

Now, how many cronuts were sold throughout the day? If they sold 1 per minute over 8 hours then 480 of these bad boys went out the door. Little over 2% "sick", they probably ate a bunch of other garbage as well.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I don't doubt they will reopen. Sources are all saying they closed voluntarily. Does this mean they chose to close before they were *forced* to with beurocracy? Or, does this mean they're doing it to save face and clean up before inspections?

Unless they test the meat and find it's riddled with listeria. they'll be back open,imp

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
^^^^^^^^^^^

If Epic reopens I may go to the CNE just to eat one. I would like to see exactly how "ill" everyone was, I bet some were milking it to be bitches or something else I don't care.

Now, how many cronuts were sold throughout the day? If they sold 1 per minute over 8 hours then 480 of these bad boys went out the door. Little over 2% "sick", they probably ate a bunch of other garbage as well.

that's what I was thinking until i saw this information from CP24

"Parnell said he blacked out and was taken to hospital in Brampton, where he was given medication and released a few hours later.

He said the cronut burger was the only thing he ate before he became sick."

"A Guelph mother named Anna said her 13-year-old son ate the cronut burger around 2 p.m. and began vomiting about three hours later.

It was the only thing he ate, she told CP24"

"A fairgoer named Christopher said he awakened early Wednesday morning with diarrhea, stomach pain and nausea.

Christopher said the sole thing he ate at the CNE was a cronut burger around 8:40 p.m."

34 people reported being sick after eating at the CNE | CP24.com

That's a lot of people sick who didnt eat anything else

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^^^

and, AND, how many people got sick who didn't even GO to the cne? huh, huh? think about it....

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
It's not actually 7500 calories. That was an estimate by the people who are selling it. It's not low-fat but its not close to 7500 cals.

I was thinking the same after I did the calculations for the Notorious PIG and thought it much closer to 3.5

A double QP is 700cal. not sure how much bigger these patties are, but lets say they're 1/3 patties and there's more cheese, that's no more then another 3-400 in calories.

a large milkshake at MC D's is 1160...add a quarter cup of PB to that and it's about 1700 calories

plus 1 large fry is another 500, plus a half cup of shredded cheese and bacon is another 3-400.

I haven't seen how big the fries are, but the burger isn't *that* big, if you compare to the guy's hand in this video, so i think i'm pretty close.

Bacon burger meal at CNE weighs in at whopping 7,500 calories | Toronto Star

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I've been joking with my gf about looking forward to going to the Ex and eating tons of crappy food. Now I'm not sure sure...lol.

:eek:

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I've been joking with my gf about looking forward to going to the Ex and eating tons of crappy food. Now I'm not sure sure...lol.

:eek:

Just ensure your and her's life insurance policy, or critical illness insurance is up to date, etc.