• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Food poisoning at the CNE in Toronto

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
12 people get sick eating at CNE

By David Shum Global News

TORONTO – Twelve people were treated by paramedics after they became ill eating at the CNE Tuesday night, a Toronto EMS spokesperson confirms to Global News.

Five of those stricken by the stomach illness were also transported to hospital for further care.

EMS say it is not known where exactly the people got sick on the CNE grounds and what was eaten.

The CNE is billed by organizers as Canada’s largest annual community event which runs through Labour Day.

Last year, the attraction brought in 1.39 million visitors over 18 days.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I thought deep frying everything in lard killed all the bacteria and germs....

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Gotta stick to the Luther burger. Nothing bad ever came from a Luther burger. When you ft all cronut-ey that's when shit gets weird...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SJN

TRIBE Member
Has it been confirmed it was the Cronut? I thought they hadnt identified what made them all sick yet.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
maybe there was too much demand so the meat wasn't cooked through enough? I picked up tiny tom donuts on my way home from the Alilce in Chains concert last night.... I hope I'm ok :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Has it been confirmed it was the Cronut? I thought they hadnt identified what made them all sick yet.
it has not. that article is just shoddy journalism.

Canada.com confirmed with two people who fell ill that it was the Cronut Burger that did them in. Toronto journalist Anupa Mistry was one such unlucky soul, who tweeted excitedly about her culinary adventure on Tuesday, only to rescind her praise the following day."
2 out of 12. What else did they eat too?

acheron

TRIBE Member
They are slated to re-open tomorrow as a t-shirt store offering "I survived the Cronut 2013" and "I barely survived the Cronut 2013" versions.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I read that people who ate the cronut burger also ate waffle fries, eggs, smoothies, other meat products etc. All kinds of shit.

You're always taking a risk when eating ground meat. It's like 20 cows in one patty.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I read that people who ate the cronut burger also ate waffle fries, eggs, smoothies, other meat products etc. All kinds of shit.

You're always taking a risk when eating ground meat. It's like 20 cows in one patty.
that.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
"One said his wife became sick after eating the cronut burger, as well as seafood chowder fries, ice cream waffles and a smoothie. He, however, did not fall ill after eating a cronut burger.

Another man told CBC he felt ill after eating a cronut burger and a slate of other high-fat snacks that included a Canuck burger, sweet potato fries, poutine and a Philly cheesesteak"

lol

Don't forget all the shit they ate the night before and the night before that. Food poisoning can take up to 72 hours unless the ingested food is completely rancid and/or rotten. And even then, you're not shitting as your body will reject it from digesting. It sounds to me they should be checking the water lines that they use to wash their vegetables and hands. Or the possibility there's fecal matter or chemicals contaminating the food. Regardless, that sounds like hell.

Last edited:

Balzz

TRIBE Member
This is amazing! I'm even more excited to try the cronut burger Saturday. It's like eating fugu but with bacon.