• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FONDU resturants in toronto?

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
I know there is one, my gf has mentioned it to me b4.

there are many in Montreal, and I think it's called Fondue ;)

Torso

TRIBE Member
I just had a conversation with someone today about AZUL at Queen and Bathurst. Apparently they are changing the menu and bringing in lots of Fondu specialties.
It's a cool little place.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
I just had a conversation with someone today about AZUL at Queen and Bathurst. Apparently they are changing the menu and bringing in lots of Fondu specialties.
It's a cool little place.

I've heard they are turning into a martini bar, and only keeping the brunch menu.

Torso

TRIBE Member
Ah, well, d.code had best call them first, then. I've had brunch there, it wasn't too special... but I could see a martini+fondu marriage going together well.

d.code

TRIBE Member
^^ only if the Thievery Corp provides the continous sound track.. aha

Thanks for the tip- ill call tomorrow.
My aniversary is coming up and I wanna take her somewhere special. :)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by d.code
^^ only if the Thievery Corp provides the continous sound track.. aha

Thanks for the tip- ill call tomorrow.
My aniversary is coming up and I wanna take her somewhere special. :)

Azul isnt re-opening untill the 12th IIRC, still doing renovations

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Azul isnt re-opening untill the 12th IIRC, still doing renovations

actually they are open now for winterlicious, but i'm pretty sure brock said he was fully booked. probably open for brunch this weekend though.

the place looks AMAZING! huge sort of banquet bar thingy on one side....totally gorgeous wood.

i think they open officially on the 12th.
and they will be doing tapas and cocktails mainly, but still brunch on the weekend.

can't wait to go for tapas :)

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
There's a nice 3 cheese fondu at Panorama (Bay/Bloor) that I had once...the cheese was great and the bread too.

But the best was the Lindt chocolate fondu I had there a few weeks later....mouth-watering!! Comes with strawberries, pineapple, cantalope, marshmellows and other stuff. I wanted to lick the pot.

The view is great too. Perfect date spot!!

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Incrimin8
But the best was the Lindt chocolate fondu I had there a few weeks later....mouth-watering!! Comes with strawberries, pineapple, cantalope, marshmellows and other stuff. I wanted to lick the pot.

The view is great too. Perfect date spot!!

omg. that sounds *so* good. i got a fondue pot last christmas that i have yet to use. i'd like to break it out for valentine's day, i think, but my MOM is insisting on spending the night.

like, wtf.

romantic fondue for 2....plus mom.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
fondus kick ass...never heard of any fondu restaurants but wouldn't mind going to one. My sister is having a steak fondu for her 40th b-day on Sunday so im looking forward to that.....

(Hey Conor, good luck today, you're gonna need it.)