• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Focusrite - Saffire?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
wow. that IS sweet. anyone on the market for a sound card should look into it...wonder what the going price is...?

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
looks like a pretty dope device.... looks like it does 24/192. Although I would've wanted more 1/4 inch in's. still not a bad little box.

If you're looking for a similar box that has the same specs give the RME fireface 400 a peek.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
the fireface is pretty hawt shit! :D best soundcard I've had the pleasure of using.

and at firewire 800 you can run ALL the audio inputs at 24/94 at the same time.... the slowest thing being your bus speed or drives at that point. no dropped audio or anything.... pure beauty!

EDIT: speaking of.... anyone want to buy a hardware mixer? Lx7 24ch. for 900$ ;)

Last edited:

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
give it a try... i basically use the fireface as my mixer now.... i run everything straight into the soundcard and stripe every channel as I record. If I had more gear maybe I'd need a real mixer... but as it is its just right.

Kid Epic

TRIBE Member
same, i got rid of my old mixing desk a while back and run 24 analog channels into cubase via fireface.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kid Epic

TRIBE Member
umm i'm using the 8 trs ins on the fireface as well as a creamware something or other to send 16 trs out adat and into the 2 sets of adat on the back of the fireface. the end!