• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

FOCUS - Old School Breaks Jam 12/26/03

king of Funk

TRIBE Member
This was without a doubt one of the most enjoyable nights I've had in some time....

Funk 'N Style, Dave Saddler and the Godfather D-Monic tore the roof off the muthfucka.

Thank you.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
tunes, tunes and more tunes!! great sets by funknstyle and dave saddler. i left before dan went on, but no doubt he continued the old school madness!

i have not danced like that in awhile!! my body is aching this morning! that is the sign of good breaks party!!

good times with mutslaster, beaker and steve. the hilarity began with the kitty gymnastics and did not stop the whole night.

great night!!

:)sarah

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
noice one!

fuck Charlies is cold before a couple drinks and some booty shakin. I had goose bumps for the first 20 minutes, and it wasn't just Dan's charm. :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mcbee
i have not danced like that in awhile!! my body is aching this morning! that is the sign of good breaks party!!

Awesome night!

Check out some more pict's of the night HERE!

And remember, FOCUS @ Charlie's happens EVERY WEEK!

We are the place for breaks on a Saturday night!

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
so much fun... jon b shmon b this was the place to b

good to see the breaks crowd out, charlies is a great space for this, everyone looked quite at home

too may good songs to scratch my head with in trying to remember

Cri: what was that song I was asking you about? 3rd or 4th one into dan's set, kinda sounds like MJ... you said you had it on a cd. thats all I can remember!

Monica: pho, at home, at 3am! that's not pho... :p good seeing you again

It's Rawknee

TRIBE Member
Well another b-day breaks bash for the record books!

For the first time going to the Guv I didn't get molested by the door people:p

Great freakin music was played by all, but Dave's was the set that had me kickin it all nite long.

My buddy brought me over to the orange room....that was interesting:rolleyes:

Always a joy to see the glowstick massive out!

I love this time of year.

Does anyone know the name of the last track Dave played right before D-monic? I have it on a couple mix tapes and I keep bugging my buddy to pick it up!

Be safe, rawknee

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by It's Rawknee
Does anyone know the name of the last track Dave played right before D-monic? I have it on a couple mix tapes and I keep bugging my buddy to pick it up!
"Because of You" by Scanty Sandwich on Southern Fried

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter

^^^^ ""PUSH NUMBER 7..!! ITS ALL ABOUT NUMBER 7 !!""

That was funnest part of the night for RedTurtle, FunkNstyle and myself. Controling the lights. We did a good job. I think i did better then anyone else, except for dan cuz he practises the lights in his room. It was funny seeing FunkNstyle gettin into Dave and Dans set by working the lights.. jonnie was hogging the lights also, e would push anyones hand out of the way..

but honestly this night felt like breakfest at the elmo or a huge party at the docks in that little room. The vibe was great and everyone was loving the music. i had a really good time at this and is a night that goes in the books as one of the top ones.

Davo

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by *tranner*
so much fun... jon b shmon b this was the place to b

good to see the breaks crowd out, charlies is a great space for this, everyone looked quite at home

too may good songs to scratch my head with in trying to remember

Cri: what was that song I was asking you about? 3rd or 4th one into dan's set, kinda sounds like MJ... you said you had it on a cd. thats all I can remember!

Monica: pho, at home, at 3am! that's not pho... :p good seeing you again
Yay! You didn't go to JonB!!! My work is done ;)

Cri

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by D-Monic
"Because of You" by Scanty Sandwich on Southern Fried
Will --> Isn't this the song you were wondering about?

If it isn't, then lol...then I don't know, bc I thought it was this one :D

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
Too great a night to put into words.

The vibe was wicked all night long. Great sets by both of my teachers. Nice to see Saddler droppin it like old Breakfest times *sigh*

What a night.

You can find me fighting for control of the lights after any set from this day forward! ;)

Jonny

PS- Ali, Mayo? What Mayo?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders