1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Floating Points at Supermarket

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by diablo, Aug 7, 2010.

1. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Not bad, but not great.

His mixing was a bit patchy. Rare groove was too over-tweaked...just let it ride, man!

There seemed to be spots where he'd drop a tracky house tune or two, get a good reaction, and then drop back to rare groove and kill the flow.

Sound system was sub-par, but then it always is at that venue. Crowd was reasonably upbeat, but not super into it. Again, probably pretty standard for the venue.

In conclusion: good tracks, too much fuckery. Do not regret going, though.

2. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

I agree with your review.

I think it would've worked better if it wasn't prime time for the Supermarket, like say Thursday night. Douche central in there!

I like the Makeover but the flow of the night was a little off here as it was full-on dance party at 11, but the headliner was playing much more chilled sounds when he went on at 1.

I don't know how late the Supermarket stays open until but I thought the dj was on pretty late for it. People should take a page from the Mr. Scruff book and start it up earlier.

3. jungleboy

jungleboy TRIBE Promoter

Had trouble dealing with the crowd.

Decent set but you can't really BANG-OUT rare groove.

It seems to be his 'thing' but I'm not in love with it.

I mean, no issues with the actual tunes obviously.