• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

First Year Anniversary Question

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
What is being mixed in said blender? Anything to make her blissfully happy to get a blender?:D
If you point out the fun benefits youcan spin it as a romantic gesture!ch33se
This makes it odvious that I'm single.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
What is being mixed in said blender? Anything to make her blissfully happy to get a blender?:D
If you point out the fun benefits youcan spin it as a romantic gesture!ch33se
This makes it odvious that I'm single.
She could make me margertittas, or crush ice :confused:

How about if she already has a rain check for the item? Technically, I'd be following the paper anniversary tradition with the rain check, plus saving money cause its already been spent. That's romantic, right?

Last edited:

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I think a crockpot is the 1st year anni gift.

unless she has one, in which case...yes, a blender will suffice.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Blend a bouquet of roses and scatter them around the house.

Then next year, you can get her a new hoover to clean up your mess.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I love functional gifts on almost any occasion but the anniversary is one occasion where I would think a functional gift like a blender is a little odd.

Gravid

TRIBE Member
since the first is the 'paper' anniversary, maybe you should hand her the warranty card first and see how she reacts:D

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
give a girl a frozen booze drink, and she'll drink for 30 minutes

give a girl a blender, and she'll make you frozen booze drinks for life

joey

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I love functional gifts on almost any occasion but the anniversary is one occasion where I would think a functional gift like a blender is a little odd.
esp the first anniversary.

im either gay or romantic but I think the first anniversary is the most special of all. you've got past the first year (which is usually the hardest so they say) and are excited about the next 24 (cause then it'll be 25 and that's special just because it's a milestone)

so ya, dont be an ass. get her something romantic. when i get married if i get tools or something for the house on my 1st wedding anniversary then i'd be hella pissed. It also doesnt matterif you can afford it or not.... still, do something special

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boo

TRIBE Member
I got my girl a vacuum on our second anniversary. It was yellow and had a light and she was thrilled with it.

Her birtday is 1 week after Valentines, which is 2 weeks before our anniversary, so by the time the anniversary comes around I'm all out of romantic ideas (and money)

She got me a video game for Valentines this year, and made a payment on our visa for stuff I bought myself for my b-day, so I'm not too concerned about romantic gifts myself. Romance is more about spending money on services (hotel, dinner, trips) rather than tangible gifts.

thom100

TRIBE Member
see get her one of these...

but put this in the box instead

the you gether a little somethin somethin , and a blender?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kmac

TRIBE Member
Considering that the traditional first-year anniversary gift is paper, a blender is about a million times better.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Considering that the traditional first-year anniversary gift is paper, a blender is about a million times better.
I think that's if you're giving to the couple, not part of the couple giving to your s/o.

kmac

TRIBE Member
As if married people still want gifts after everything? Damn. I had no idea. Learn something new every day.