• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

First concert

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
So I was waiting around the house today, in hopes a night of drinking would come by sooner then later....
Then I get a call "Zigg, wanna go to a concert, my buddy bailed out and I have a free ticket" Zigg: Pffffft, HELL YEA!
So, I head out the door and go to the new John Labbatt Centre here in London, and Nickleback is performing.
Now, I'm no fan of Nickleback, however, seeing them live with a pyro show and a full stadium adds a whole new dimension to it.
Was a wikkid performance, and my first concert ever (also my first time in the new Labbatt Centre).

Im guessing plenty of you have checked out concerts, which ones?
I'd love to see Pennywise and NOFX perform, and U2 is another.
Jay Z I wish I could see someday, if he continues to perform, can I get an Encore!?

Anways.

Zigg'

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I've been very lucky to see a ton of concerts big and small, I never get tired of them.

I've seen:

Peter Gabriel, Sloan, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, RUN DMC, Cast, Oasis, Pulp, The Stones, Chemical Brothers, Black Grape, Jane's Addiction, Bluetones, Massive Attack, Gorillaz, Coldplay, BB King, Offspring, NIN, James, Jamiroquai, Green Day

to name a few off the top of me heed.

Concerts are what makes listening to the fabricated version on studio CD worthwhile. Zigg, I hope this is the first of many for you, live music cannot be compared to anything.

Time for you to wear some nice tight stone washed jeans and a hard rock cafe tank top after the Nickelback show :D

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
does this count

i was minding my own buisness about 23 years ago
when a pack of hippie beatnick hara krsna converts nabbed me, and took me to their soiree'
i ran around with all the other kidanpped children, and the only thing they did was play music, hang out, chant alot, play with beads ( like rosaries, but made of different wood, indicitive of india and surrounding area). oh yeah, shave our heads except for the TOM PO pony tail off the crown of your head, and put you in a little thing called a dodi.
then they bring you back to your parents free of charge, head shaved( cept fer the tail ) smellin like nagchampa, and clay all over your forehead ( chakra point )

with a 10 foot sarong ( sp ) wrapped around you all STYLIE

no pyrotechnics, but i bet the liquid and shrooms as well as DMT and everything else made the exp quite interesting ( CONTACT BUZZ ), and them being selective beleivers choose to do these things , it was pretty cool environment.

ah well. those were the days...

-glycht

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
yes, live music rules......i've also been lucky enough to catch litterally hundreds of concerts from club acts to stadium shows...

still remember my first ever concert,lol....1976 The Stampeders at the Oshawa Civic Auditorium...ahhhh,good times:D

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I just got back from a wicked ass Punk Show, and I'm hammered.

That is all

Oh and I'd kill anyone to see Strung Out again live, Best show EVER!

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
ok time for contribution.

never been to any concerts except punk shows, but even those i havent attended in a long long while. It's unfortunate but an extreme distaste for the general population has a tendancy to trigger those kinds of reactions.

Although lately I've gone out for a few funk bands...also in london, which have been phenomenal shows. Diverse crowds of pseudo-intellectuals and hippies. Beautiful.

Live music is good regardless of the performer...Im just too cheap to see anybody worth naming here.

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Funzo
I just got back from a wicked ass Punk Show, and I'm hammered.

That is all

Oh and I'd kill anyone to see Strung Out again live, Best show EVER!

honestly probalby my favourite show EVAR was well pick one of the toronto shows in the between 2 and 7 years ago.....pure raw energy on stage. Honestly I don't know how they do it...

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
First concert: Guns 'n' Roses/Metallica @ CNE

Best concert: Blur @ St. Andrew's Hall (Detroit) and Pulp @ The Opera House (not just musically, but the events of the whole evenings)

Cheers ... Ian :)

Funzo

TRIBE Member
2 maybe 3 years ago I saw them (Strung Out). They have a stage presence like nobody else I have ever seen! They know how to get everybody into it! They have some of the best tunes out there.

I can't say enough about these guys. still kicking ass too!

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dlerium88
and is that some sort of racial slur...

*mutters*

you can be racist against patte NOW?

wtf?

weak....

and would yours also not be considered to racist in the same respect, there are dualites, and i could have thought you were using it not in the sense of applying to my mental state, but in the same respect, that if i potentially being caucasian, i could potentially be offended

but what i really want

is some crackers and patte, cuz i fucking hungry

and ah pint of vodka too mate:D

-glycht

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
first large full scale 12 hour concert

LALLAPALOOZA '93
NIN, SOUNDGARDEN, REVERAND HORTON HEAT AND MARYLIN MANSON '94

best concert i have ever scene....

WEEN LIVE at the WAREHOUSE, when it was still the warehouse

4.5 hours, two COMPLETELY IMPROVED SONGS

they are the best JAM band on the planet since the GRATEFUL DEAD.

fawk, i saw perry farrell on stage 11 years ago, and ran into Layne Staley in the crowd, ( hes really short )

back in the fawkin day....

-glycht

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
well actually calling you a cracker would moreso be in respect to your personality trait, and the fact that there is evident confusion as to my use of the word, its not in fact as bad as say calling me patte...which doesnt have a corresponding, easily accessible alternative definition.

:cool:

psst and unfortunately for you not everyone here knows your race where as mine is fairly salient..at least to people who've been on here long enuff to remember me ha

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dlerium88
well actually calling you a cracker would moreso be in respect to your personality trait, and the fact that there is evident confusion as to my use of the word, its not in fact as bad as say calling me patte...which doesnt have a corresponding, easily accessible alternative definition.

:cool:

psst and unfortunately for you not everyone here knows your race where as mine is fairly salient..at least to people who've been on here long enuff to remember me ha

i wasnt aware that PATTE was now on the list of TOP TEN RACIAL SLURS

could you please tell me what race i was insulting so i can apologize, mine ignorance hath it offended thee, i will kindly retract the staement, but i covered that in my first reply, its DEPENDANT on how i PERCIEVE the word CRACKER, and you PERCIEVE PATTE, i assumed you were calling me a cracker, in the quirky good natured way, becaue i dont assume racism will be tossed around on a board where you may not know peoples ethnicity, how could you?, as a NOOB, and i find it interesting that your first reaction was to think i i was being racist? it brings to question your OWN conditoning during your upbringing if you really want to get into the analysis of it.

-glycht

oeretS

TRIBE Member
great thread btw, nice to hear everyone's stories about this kind of stuff. Great concerts stay with you forever.

Oddly, the best concert I've ever seen was Zero 7 at Cafe Campus in Montreal, probably 2 years back. Just the way the whole thing flowed, and realizing how talented these guys are. I fell in love in Sia Furler that night, pure bliss.

anyhow, i highly recommend checking them for their upcoming tour.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I can't remember which concert was first, at MLG

Duran Duran - Seven and the Ragged Tiger Tour

or Prince - Purple Rain Tour

I'm pretty sure it was '83 though, hella year for concerts, in reflection.

Howard Jones opened for Duran Duran, Sheila E opened for Prince.

master tall was there! they didn't have tampax in those days.

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Wow, I have some catching up to do with a few of you!

1 closer: I'm about to get my ticket for Sarah McLachlan in Toronto, August 20th !

4:20am
time for me to get some sleep, but not before I celebrate this time of day.

Zigg'

zoo

TRIBE Member
my first live show was a rave .. yikes

my first 'concert' was treble charger .. yikes

how typical am i? :)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
did you parental units ever take you to a concert b4 u were old enough?

my dad brought me too a moody blues concert, van morrison, and the first time the stones played at the skydome i think.

and i think my ween concert has a tie, with laser floyd!!!!

totally different, but so good. so fucking good.

OMFG, THE SEX PISTOLS!!!!!!!
[ johnny rotten is FUCKING BEAUTIFUL ]

bahahahahaha

-glycht

anyone see JETHRO TULL @ lulu'S IN KITCHENER on Oct 14th[ 16th ? ] 1998?

that was fantastic too.

Last edited:

thom100

TRIBE Member
seeing live music can totally change your perspective about almost any band good or bad. The charisma of a performer and energy of a crowd can be very addictive , and you can instantly become a fan .

Im lucky that Ive had the chance to see and shoot literally over a thousand shows , and I'll never get tired of it.

but first concert...was back in Vancouver and it was Poison at the Pacific Coliseum. I was a confused little kid and went with my best friend I think we were all of 10. We didn't know there was opening bands, and just about left after the first band finished , I remember being very disappointed they didn't play "momma dont dance and Daddy dont rock'n'roll".