• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

First club you've ever been to

kyfe

TRIBE Member
this was inspired by the clubs list mrs. peacock posted

mine was Changes in good old sauga I was in like grade 8 and they had an all ages night, I recall the black lights and the hot song was some Madonna anthem.

my first drug infested night actually took place at 23 hop on Rise fridays. good old acid and shrooms. I remember my first time in there, poppin while in line because I didn't want to get caught going in. The unisex washrooms were the place to be if you ever needed anything.

ahh the memories

Kyfe

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Hm.
First official rave was the Warehouse. That counts as a club but it was a special event.
My first club night (not a rave) was Lifeforce Fridays at Turbo. Or was it Industry?
First drug night was at System only 2 years ago. Half a pill, danced all night, that's it. First time e, last time e.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
some mega-club called Boom! out in Mississauga or Burlington or somewhere along the QEW in 1998. At one point there was a loud bang and pyrotechnics. (o i get it!)

thousands were there and it was teh ghey.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
my first drug infested night actually took place at 23 hop on Rise fridays. good old acid and shrooms. I remember my first time in there, poppin while in line because I didn't want to get caught going in. The unisex washrooms were the place to be if you ever needed anything.
Indeed - 23 Hop was also my first 'rave' experience. But Club Focus was my first nightclub - went there when I was 16. Oh, and the Copa. Same night.

CO2

TRIBE Member
Focus, right behind city hall...which later moved up by wellesley and yonge...which then later became a gay club.

mingster

TRIBE Member
all ages at the baracuda with my best friend jasmine. used to be across from the masonic temple.

my dad insisted on picking us up at 11:30. :/

why not

TRIBE Member
first club i ever went to was the Opera House, but it was for a live show, not a dance music thing. i think i was about 14.

first DJ thing i ever went to was Freakshow, which i believe was at the 23hop/joker space/318richmond space.

noodle

TRIBE Member
Limelight, Whisky Saigon or Atlantis....I can't remember which one (I think it was Limelight).

I got a fake ID when I was 16 so we went club crazy.

I was always the DD though. What a good girl I was back then.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
CO2 said:
Focus, right behind city hall...which later moved up by wellesley and yonge...which then later became a gay club.
1) First club was Club Z (before it became Club Focus after City Hall) which was once owned by Charles Kabouth (Guvernment,Ultra Supper Club) and is now that gay club you mentioned at Wellesley and Yonge.

2) Club Focus behind city hall.

3) RPM--All ages Sunday

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

s1k

TRIBE Member
LUXOR!!! anyone ever go there? it was pretty cool, had an egyptian theme to it...middle of nowhere though

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i'm surprised nobody remembers Boom! it was attended by a lot of pussies. maybe it was also NRG or Luxor?

Muffin

TRIBE Member
The first "club" I ever set foot in was some cheesy place in Calgary that was called like 'the bermuda triangle' or something. My friends and I drank electric popsicle shots and mike's hard lemonade and danced the night away to the real mccoy...(we were really cool) :cool: