• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

fire sam mitchell

octo

TRIBE Member
i didn't catch the game tonight. how badly did smitch mismanage the fourth quarter?

i can't believe some people want the raps to play orlando in the first round

van gundy>smitch

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Confused

TRIBE Member
LOL, everyone expecting Smitch to turn a team of rubbish players into an elite team.. ha ha ha, talk about raised expectations

Aside from TJ, Calderon and CB, we have a bunch of role/bench players and don't forget that #1 Italian bust we have too

Both PGs need to go.. Calderon couldn't defend against his own shadow and Ford has one of the worst attitudes in the league

freshest1

TRIBE Member
^^ i don't know about that, we are a soft team and not built for the post season. if we do win a series it will be bosh and tj/ jose carrying the team. frankly this team needs to make some major adjustments in the off season. i dont think sam will lose his job, we just gave the guy a contract, and it's not his fault the players avoid contact and cannot rebound.

Deus

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:
and it's not his fault the players avoid contact and cannot rebound.

Yeah, but dimwits, like the people that make such websites, need someone to blame for the team not doing well as a whole.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
raptors' roster = good on paper.

Smitch has all the elements of a great team - but can't seem to make it work.

Raps are better off in the 6th playoff position against Orlando though.

Confused

TRIBE Member
StarvinMarvin said:
said these things a million times over....worst COY ever

we want a playoff team we need a real coach

Meh, you can't get far when you are strictly a jump shooting team and oh so soft.. even the future C is a 3 pt camper

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Libradragon said:
Raps are better off in the 6th playoff position against Orlando though.

Yeah, it's our best chance of not getting swept.

I dunno why Sam keeps matching small lineups with Ford/Calderone. Like you need to match up against Earl fucking Boykins. Calderone does nothing in this lineup but set up for 3s. Should just keep Jamario in for his defense.

I could go on and on, but it's too nice a day out to be sulking :)

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Wow...Tribe has no sympathy.

Coach of the year last year......and now you're ready to show him the door.

Confused

TRIBE Member
KickIT said:
Yeah, it's our best chance of not getting swept.

I dunno why Sam keeps matching small lineups with Ford/Calderone. Like you need to match up against Earl fucking Boykins. Calderone does nothing in this lineup but set up for 3s. Should just keep Jamario in for his defense.

I could go on and on, but it's too nice a day out to be sulking :)

Sam kept that lineup because it worked last time against them?

Furthermore, Delfino was getting destroyed by Felton thus the need for Calderon to be out there.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Yes Delfino was getting destroyed by Felton. Delfino was struggling all night. Sam rode him too long. Jamario had the hot hand, should've put him back in sooner.

So you think he was correct in subbing in Calderon to defend? The guy who "can't guard his own shadow"?

These 4th quarter collapses are horrendous and yes the coach must take responsibility. Not all but Sam deserves his fair share.

Confused

TRIBE Member
KickIT said:
Yes Delfino was getting destroyed by Felton. Delfino was struggling all night. Sam rode him too long. Jamario had the hot hand, should've put him back in sooner.

So you think he was correct in subbing in Calderon to defend? The guy who "can't guard his own shadow"?

These 4th quarter collapses are horrendous and yes the coach must take responsibility. Not all but Sam deserves his fair share.

Yes Calderon substitution was the correct one as it was previously proven to have worked in our victory against them plus he is our second smallest guy on the team.

I agree, Sam deserves his blunt share of the blame but put in another coach, the results will be somewhat similar.

The simple fact is that we overachieved last year and we're finally come back to earth this year but it's too bad the fans expectations are still high leading to the backlash.

Confused

TRIBE Member
Hollinger's beginning of the season prediction for the Raps:

Before we get started, let's try to look at what Toronto had last season. Yes, the Raptors won 47 games. They also got a career year (in terms of PER) from Ford.

And Calderon.

And Graham.

And Humphries.

And just missed getting one from Bosh.

And Garbajosa and Parker both beat their projected stats handily based on their European numbers. Nesterovic had his best season since 2003-04. The departed Peterson and Jones also had productive campaigns compared to their previous norms, while there were no offsetting disappointments. In fact every Raptor who took the floor last season put up a double-digit PER, even leftovers like Martin, P.J. Tucker, Luke Jackson, Uros Slokar and Pape Sow.

So there are two possible conclusions. One, that the Raptors' system and Mitchell's genius combined to make everyone better than they ever were before. Or two, that nearly everyone played over their head and is headed straight back to Earth.

Until or unless further evidence for the first possibility surfaces, I'll be going with No. 2. Every key Raptor except Bosh and Bargnani projects to have a lower PER than a season ago, with the two point guards owning the most suspicious performances. That includes Kapono, by the way, who had a career year in Miami that he might not be able to replicate.

Throw in the fact that Garbajosa is still working his way back into shape, that Bosh had foot problems over the summer, and that the Raptors had the scoring margin of a 44-win team, not a 47-win team, last season, and my prediction might not seem so optimistic. Bargnani will be better, and with the cap situation the future here is still extremely bright. But unless one or two of his teammates joins him in improving this season, the Raptors as a whole could be in for a setback.

Prediction: 40-42, 2nd in Atlantic, 8th in Eastern Conference