• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Fire at Unity Nightclub in Montreal

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
http://www.365gay.com/Newscon06/04/042906fire.htm

(Montreal, Quebec) Fire has destroyed what is considered Canada's biggest gay nightclub. The blaze broke out in Unity, on Ste. Catherine Street E before opening and there were no injuries.

Damage has been set at more than $1 million.

Fire officials say the blaze is believed to have started on the rooftop terrace. An investigation into the cause has begun but a fire department spokesperson said it appears to have been accidental.

Unity was known throughout the northeast as one of the best gay party clubs. It featured three floors - including a chill out room, a rooftop terrace and the Bamboo Room bar.

The club was open Wednesdays through Saturdays and regularly had drag shows, dancers, karaoke and guest DJs.

It took 150 firefighters nearly four hours to get the blaze under control.

As news of the fire spread through the community a large number of people gathered to watch - including several staff members.

©365Gay.com 2006

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
anyone who knows anything about montreal knows this is pure insurance scam!!!

i can't wait for unity 3!!!!! i bet the terrace will be bigger and better than evurrrrr!!!!!!!!

but now i can't dance with twinks on wednesday to rihanna's SOS (remix)

:(

lok

TRIBE Member
Unity will always be in my heart as the first time I indulged in exhibitionism. Need not say more.

wtb unity 3

lok

TRIBE Member
Im turning a new leaf. Besides, you can probably divine the details. I'll set it up.

Black n Blue 2003.
Ecstacy
'Mark' from Thunder Bay.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I've been to Unity only once.
And it sucked balls. Not in a good way.

I had fun but I don't think I like Montreal clubs like that. Parking looked like a mess too.

Funnily enough, I overheard a friend of mine talking about it at Woody's on Thursday. So I'm not really one to judge.

parking is one of the best clubs ive ever been to, ranking up there with the end in london, misshapes, etc

your loss!

edit: EVEN BETTER THAN THE BARN ON A WEDNESDAY, YEAR 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Well, I went to the parking lounge across the street and got dirty looks from all the dykes.

That was alright. At least it wasn't sweaty and gross but there were too many Birkinstocks.

I remember being in the lineup for Parking... I got out of line to scan the crowd to see how long it would take to get in. And I was like "um, I'm not lining up an hour to hang out with these people.
What's with the sunglasses indoors? And the bad lycra Krishna muscle tees? *shudder*

lok

TRIBE Member
Yeah Sunny, your problem is that when you goto gay clubs you spend the whole trying to find the straight guy who got dragged there.

Pretty self defeating.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
lok said:
Yeah Sunny, your problem is that when you goto gay clubs you spend the whole trying to find the straight guy who got dragged there.

Pretty self defeating.
Parking is a gay club?

Whatever. I still got laid after UNITY and Parking (twice). *shrug*

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
lok said:

Pretty self defeating.
lol

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
wow if you really want gay representation in a thread, start one about gays on fire!

or their clubs!