• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Fiona Apple fans? - re: new album!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Any fans out there?

Does she have any remixes?

And anyone get a copy of Extraordinary Machine yet? I heard a few tracks and some of it is quite bubbly.

I read that the record company shelved the original cut because the album wasn't too listener-friendly. Which I think is RIDICULOUS. I would've changed companies ASAP but I guess there are binding contracts.

Anyway, supposedly she got all these new producers like Kanye on this album. I rather hear her original. And after all these fan protests, they finally release the thing.

Canadian artist Floria Sigismondi (OCAD graduate and Marilyn Manson's video director) did her new video.

Free Fiona!

zoo

TRIBE Member
her album has been online for ages (months) :p

i gave it a listen but didn't pay much attention; it didn't grab me, and sounded sort of dated

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
her album has been online for ages (months) :p

I know but listening to it on cd is quite different. Unless you burn it, I guess.

I have to have the cd. That's just me.

And WHAT, James?

zee

TRIBE Member
Yeah its in my download directory but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet...

Originally posted by MoFo
I read that the record company shelved the original cut because the album wasn't too listener-friendly. Which I think is RIDICULOUS. I would've changed companies ASAP but I guess there are binding contracts.

Anyway, supposedly she got all these new producers like Kanye on this album. I rather hear her original. And after all these fan protests, they finally release the thing.
Hm. From what I read is that although the record company shelved the original cut, she later decided to switch producers and redo the album as she ended up not liking the songs as well.

Anyway, she didn't get Kanye for the album. Just one producer that had previously worked with Eminem and 50 Cent.

noodle

TRIBE Member
I love Fiona. I still still listen to her first two CDs religiously (especially when I'm feeling a little rage-y).

Thanks for the heads up!