1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

fingerlickin go bye bye ?

Discussion in 'Breaks Room' started by ndrwrld, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

mega clearance sale.
    sad to see...

2. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

meant to post about this last week.
    RIP to my favourite label of all time!

the good news is that while they are shutting down the label, they are helping the Finger Lickin' names take on their own label using the same resources.
    So A-Skillz started Jam City Records, Plump DJ's started Grand Hotel Records, Slyde create Slybeats... Interested in what this means for Soul of Man and Drumattic Twins though.

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

[QUOTE='[- FuNKtiOn -]Interested in what this means for Soul of Man and Drumattic Twins though.[/QUOTE]

more tracks feat. david guetta. lololol

4. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

as far as i know fingerlickin is not goin anywhere. they are selling off thier vinyl stocks but digital still goin.

5. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/deadeasy/justin-rushmore-interview-05may10[/soundcloud]

Justin Rushmore on the demise of Finger Lickin' 12" singles.
    sounds like they will still put out mp3's but not much in the hopper at this point.

6. SubMissioN

SubMissioN TRIBE Member

fingerlickin stickyfingers are the new fishsticks and dicksweat dirtydangles is the new album

7. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

^^ Is this guy for real?

8. [- FuNKtiOn -]

don't feed the trolls.

9. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

Everytime I read anything which is posted by this "such person" it is absolute rubbish? why communicate if you have nothing worth talking about?

On a lighter note, I made an order for a couple of records. Not much I don't already have, other then whats not availible. Too bad. I love vinyl, and they made some sick beats. I hope they do make some more tunes, even if they are Digital. It is good to see that they are supporting their artists and there new business ventures. looking forward to hearing what Grand Hotel comes out with. I have been checking the Slybeats web page but not much comes up. Some sick tracks in there soundcloud mixes tho. Not feeling the MGMT remix, but everything else SLYDE throws down is pretty SiCk!

10. [- FuNKtiOn -]

yeah Grand Hotel is mostly electro housey ish. not overly impressed with any of the releases yet, although the I dropped the Maximillion remix of Get a Grip (which was released free) a few weeks ago and it went over pretty damn well.
    Slybeats on the other hand released Move Ya Body by Slyde which is a pretty big tune. but I agree, the MGMT bootleg was weaksauce.

and I'll be the first to admit that while I do still buy vinyl, all the Finger Lickin' tunes I've bought over the last year I bought on mp3 as they don't have the staying/replaying value of the older catalogue.
    in fact, looking at the Discogs page for Finger Lickin' the last release I bought on Vinyl was Happiness by A-Skillz in 2008, and I think the Peo De Pitte Remix of Drumattic Twins' "Crazy Love" is the only tune since that actually got more than a handful of plays from me.

11. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

Yeah that Peo track is sick. Finger lickiin kinda just stop pumpin out the beats tho. A couple of years ago they would release a couple of tracks every month or so. I find alot of labels are slowing down now tho.

Bloc Party by Slybeats is likely my fav from them so far.

12. [- FuNKtiOn -]

yeah, love that tune and bought it on vinyl, but that came out on Hot Cakes. All of Deeklines labels (Hot Cakes, Rat Records, Booty Breaks, Giant Pussy Records, etc) have been releasing some high quality content still though.
    but when 3 Slyde tunes get released by a label not Finger Lickin', in hindsight its easy to see that the label was on its way out.

13. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

Hot cakes is the perfect name for that label. The tunes are HOT! Slyde also dropped one prior to the Block Parties release with tracks "Cooler kids" and a jay z remix. They also where ripping some of the BootyBreaks with "Krazy in Hackney" and a couple of other tunes. I guess you could say the writting was on the wall with the future of Finger Lickin. Too many artists going seperate ways unfortunately.
    I didn't know that Deekline was behind the Giant Pussy Rec. Thats seems more Dub to me, but still, I bought a couple records and some tracks on vinyl. Then agian it shouldn't surprise me, Deekline is into everything these days.

14. [- FuNKtiOn -]

yeah Deekline and Tim Healey run Giant Pussy Records.

15. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

sad sad news especially about the artwork! :(