• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Finding the Gooder White Labels

Hamza

TRIBE Member
I a relative noob when it comes to picking up vinyl. Generally I try and pick up some electro/experimental stuff to relax to (I find that Swedes make some of the best). Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I'm at a record store, there just seems to be sooo much to go through...how do you come out with that gem?

Without listening to 40 records?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

catilyst

TRIBE Member
If you're interested in more rare 'off the shelf' type stuff you really have to get in good with the staff. Show patience, respect, and don't dance in the shop! Also don't be afraid to just ask for promos and white lables. I'd imagine if they've never really noticed you before you won't be a priority but once you start going and talking to them they'll recognize you and have some idea of what you're after.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by catilyst
If you're interested in more rare 'off the shelf' type stuff you really have to get in good with the staff. Show patience, respect, and don't dance in the shop! Also don't be afraid to just ask for promos and white lables. I'd imagine if they've never really noticed you before you won't be a priority but once you start going and talking to them they'll recognize you and have some idea of what you're after.

good advice.

not that I'm rude or that I dance in stores....