• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Finding Condo Rentals

kate

TRIBE Member
Hi everyone:

I have bought a condo which I don't think is ever going to be finished (building's been getting worked on for 3.5 years and counting...).

I can't really afford to get out of it, so my option right now is to find a condo to rent, or apartment. I'd like the amenities of a condo: IE new appliances, security, etc, if possible.

Does anyone know of any sites or services that profile just condo rentals in the GTA? Best way to find them?

There's nothing worse than not being happy where you live...and I'm at that point again. I don't think I can do another year without en suite laundry...laugh if you must but its true!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kuba

TRIBE Member
It doesn't profile just condo rentals, but with some patience, you can weed out the condos from the non condos.

sugar

TRIBE Member
If you look in the Renters News book (find it in those big yellow boxes with many free publications) there is a section on Condos. There are some condos available for rent in my building. PM me if you want me to look at the bulletin board this weekend and send you the phone #s.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
kate, i've just bought a house, and am looking to sublet my 900 square foot, 1.5 bedroom condo...it has parking, laundry en suite, hard wood floors, dishwasher, central air, a 270* view for just $700 a month....its yours if you want it...

c.

ps. its in hamilton, so your commute might be a little longer than usual.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
rudebwoy said:
kate, i've just bought a house, and am looking to sublet my 900 square foot, 1.5 bedroom condo...it has parking, laundry en suite, hard wood floors, dishwasher, central air, a 270* view for just $700 a month....its yours if you want it...

c.

I want it! I want it! Check pms :D

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
My condo has a bulletin board and there are a few units for rent. I am sure most condo buildings have something of the sort. I would just ask the concierge in different buildings of you can take a peak at the board. That way you know which buildings and what area you are getting yourself in to.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Remax condos plus is how we found ours.

For some reason I can't get the link to work - it seems to be reformatting - But google "remax condos plus" - Once at their site, it's under "buyers/renters" & go from there. I think the properties are listed by price.

Also, once you get in touch with an agent (who is paid by the condo owner to find a renter) you can basically tell them your price point, ideal location & desired amenities, and they'll do the searching for you.

Very convenient.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Poot said:
Also, once you get in touch with an agent (who is paid by the condo owner to find a renter) you can basically tell them your price point, ideal location & desired amenities, and they'll do the searching for you.

Very convenient.

agreed. that move worked out quite well for me. some poeple i know have had bad luck with crappy agents but if you get a good one, they do all the work and work for you instead of trying to push crap on you.

Puma

TRIBE Member
I got a 2 beadroom town house for rent in Mississauga Dixie and dundas area.
$1000

if anyone needs it.

kate

TRIBE Member
evil homer said:
is it by any chance the argyle?
(not that delays are atypical, but they're out of control)

How did you guess??:(

I am starting worry that there are serious issues with the builders and that there is a good chance there is no one working there right now-nor has there been for quite awhile. I got let into the building in April by a painter who was working-there was only 3 people working in the entire building. Basically I think the place is going to be gorgeous when it is finished-if they ever actually finish.

Specifically, I'd like to check out the DNA condos, they look nice. Good suggestion on checking the board-I'm going to try that out!

Persephone

TRIBE Member
rudebwoy said:

c.

AHEM. Please check your PMs. Don't make me post a BRT.

Thank you!

Angeles

TRIBE Member
kate said:

I am starting worry that there are serious issues with the builders and that there is a good chance there is no one working there right now-nor has there been for quite awhile. I got let into the building in April by a painter who was working-there was only 3 people working in the entire building. Basically I think the place is going to be gorgeous when it is finished-if they ever actually finish.

Specifically, I'd like to check out the DNA condos, they look nice. Good suggestion on checking the board-I'm going to try that out!

I live in a house that is in very close proximity to this and thought when I moved in that I would be inundated with construction noise. I think I've seen a full construction crew there once, maybe twice in the past month-and-a-half! It's mostly deserted, so strange! Hope it all works out for you :)

evil homer

TRIBE Member
kate said:

Tough break - sorry. For what it's worth, I have friends who were supposed to move in there over 18 months ago, she's now 8 months pregnant and it doesn't look like they'll be in anytime soon. On the other (not consoling right now) hand, you've probably made a nice chunk of change doing nothing but waiting.

I'm not fully up on the legalities but there is a point after which they actually have to compensate your for late move ins (it's something like 2 years + 10 days after when they first promised move in)

mulva

TRIBE Member
mls.ca is really good but only if you use a realtor as they have access to all the listings. they dont really update the rentals too well on the site. have a realtor put you on an mls email list so it automatically sends you all the newest listings...easiest way i have ever found a place to live. the owner of the condo will usually have to pay your realtor 1/2 months rent in commission.